Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 5:49:14 PM EDT
Have a question about the magazine capacity limits for ar-15s(and every other rifle) in mass.  From what I understand, if you have a class A LTC you can own a rifle/mags that hold more than ten rounds(ex. a 30 rd AR mag) correct?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you need a Class A license.  A high capacity mag for a rifle or pistol is 10 rounds, and 5 for shotguns.  And all high-capacity mags have to be pre-94.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:34:54 AM EDT
[#2]
You can own 30 round mags with the class A/high cap licence as long as they are pre94, if you purchase them in a gun shop they should be pre94.   I have never been questioned by the Green Police about my mags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
sweet, thanks a ton guys.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Right,
Any reputable dealer, like Four Seasons for example, will sell pre-ban mags to the properly licensed individual. Look for Labelles or the Brit steel mags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You can also get them cheaper than what 4 seasons will gouge you for as in $30 for brit or singapore mags wich most places will sell like eaglefirearms.net  5 for $100 for labelle or colt and some might ask for a coipy of your LTC A to ship and after the AWB expires mags will no longer be a problem here and thats from 4 seasons,great ammo prices but pricey on mags you could get a 5 pack for what they want for 2 or go to the EE exchange here and get the mags you want at a decent price.Just to clarify a high cap mag here is pisol or rifle over 10 rounds and a shotgun tube over 5 rounds if the shotgun is semi auto.I have a 9 shot 590 pump wich is perfectly leagal.Here method of operation along with capacity dictate high or low capacity...9 shot pump leagal 9 shot semi auto leagal if pre 94 other wise keep it to 5 or under.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top