Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2004 4:49:14 PM EST
Have a question about the magazine capacity limits for ar-15s(and every other rifle) in mass. From what I understand, if you have a class A LTC you can own a rifle/mags that hold more than ten rounds(ex. a 30 rd AR mag) correct?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:19:09 PM EST
Yes you need a Class A license. A high capacity mag for a rifle or pistol is 10 rounds, and 5 for shotguns. And all high-capacity mags have to be pre-94.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:34:54 AM EST
You can own 30 round mags with the class A/high cap licence as long as they are pre94, if you purchase them in a gun shop they should be pre94. I have never been questioned by the Green Police about my mags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:47:16 PM EST
sweet, thanks a ton guys.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:22:53 PM EST
Right,
Any reputable dealer, like Four Seasons for example, will sell pre-ban mags to the properly licensed individual. Look for Labelles or the Brit steel mags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:27:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 5:31:22 PM EST by model927]
You can also get them cheaper than what 4 seasons will gouge you for as in $30 for brit or singapore mags wich most places will sell like eaglefirearms.net 5 for $100 for labelle or colt and some might ask for a coipy of your LTC A to ship and after the AWB expires mags will no longer be a problem here and thats from 4 seasons,great ammo prices but pricey on mags you could get a 5 pack for what they want for 2 or go to the EE exchange here and get the mags you want at a decent price.Just to clarify a high cap mag here is pisol or rifle over 10 rounds and a shotgun tube over 5 rounds if the shotgun is semi auto.I have a 9 shot 590 pump wich is perfectly leagal.Here method of operation along with capacity dictate high or low capacity...9 shot pump leagal 9 shot semi auto leagal if pre 94 other wise keep it to 5 or under.
Top Top