Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/19/2003 2:56:40 PM EDT
Im building a designated marksman rifle out of a 16" bushy carbine. I was wondering what do u guys think would be the best grip for it? I dont want to get one of those PSG grips but i was looking at the SPR grip.any info on those?
tell me what u guys think? thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:23:15 PM EDT
ANSWER ME heh heh
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:49:13 PM EDT
Personally, I like simple. Have you considered just using the rubberized Hogue grip?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:29:01 PM EDT
i looked at the hogue and im not sure of the feel to it- is it plastic like the generic grips or is it rubbery? i like the spr cause it has the thumb rest and palm swell.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:05:55 PM EDT
It has a rubber finish to it and very comfortable. I haven't used the SPR grip, but I have used the Ergo grip which has a rough texture to it and a small thumb rest. I don't beleive it's quite as wide as the SPR brand, but still quite nice.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:24:19 AM EDT
The hogue has a real nice, soft rubber feel to it...3 of my rifles have the hogue grip, and the other one the G27. The G27 has great ergonomics, but a very plastic feel. If 1st Samco changed the material that thing is made from, they'd have a great grip. I've never felt the SPR, but the folks who have 'em really seem to like 'em. I have heard that they're better for people with big hands, which is why I've never messed with 'em.
Top Top