Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2005 5:43:29 PM EDT
When can we expect to see the new PRS from Magpul. Or, if one of you dealer fellas, has an extra one that might want to sell.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Alright, somebody has to know when these are going to be available.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
There was someone selling one of the dealer only copies over on Sturmgewehr for $500 IIRC.  I think I'll wait until they come out for general comsumption...

Spooky
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#5]
415 is a rip off of what they cost.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Has Magpul said what the cost will be for us lowly consumers?

I don't remember reading it, though it's certainly possible I missed it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#10]
i have one i will sell for 300 the reason i choose that price is to cover my shipping costs to me when i bought it and then to ship to you.

Its NIB and the standard black even though they come in 3 colors
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#12]
How much of the buttplate is dead weight?  Or conversely, how much of the stock interior is vacant.  This may seem like a strange enquiry, but I'm looking for a place to store CR123A batteries.

I can fit two in the MIAD grip, but need at least three just for M9 illuminator replacements.  Perhaps a plastic clip might attach to the inside of the buttplate or it cold be machined to include a pocket?  Depending upon the NVD chosen, there may or may not be a need for additional cells.  I suppose there might be some accessory storage tube that mounts to a RAS on the market I'm not aware of.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#13]
This stock is not for that type of usage... more for a sniper/counter sniper/ high power type roll...

This is a CMMG SST Bull sort of a recon carbine/ LE type precision rifle...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This stock is not for that type of usage... more for a sniper/counter sniper/ high power type roll...
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/AFSOC/c3ed229a.jpg

What the heck is on the end of the barrel?

I think the PRS should hold a few batteries - I've seen more than a couple pictues of folks running them with NVDs on top.  I would bet that those scopes burn through batteries pretty quick!

Spooky
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/AFSOC/c3ed229a.jpg

What the heck is on the end of the barrel?

I think the PRS should hold a few batteries - I've seen more than a couple pictues of folks running them with NVDs on top.  I would bet that those scopes burn through batteries pretty quick!

Spooky

Well it is a thread protector and Rebar cutter attachment,.. There is a Video on CMMG Webpage of a test of it and I personally freehanded some 3/4" Rebar with a single M855 round.
Below is a shot of some 1/2" Rebar (Pic Blatantly stolen from CMMG..)

I see the point of the battery issue... stuff em in the pistol grip.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This stock is not for that type of usage... more for a sniper/counter sniper/ high power type role.

Spooky

Using a NV scope, IR illuminator, and/or IR target laser even on a precision rifle creates a need for spare power cells in field.  Adding battery storage capability to this stock only increases its marketability.  It's one of the features that makes the LMT SOPMOD stock popular, for example.

Not having seen this stock in person, I have no idea whether or where there might be dead space which could accommodate a CR123 or few.  Perhaps a slightly larger bottom rail cover?  Holder for two cells under the cheek plate?  Tube running horizontally just behind the buffer tube?  Cut out and plastic snap clip for one cell in the butt plate?  Still, if it could be done, it would certainly improve the situation, if a bit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Then again, it's also early in the life of their existence.  The matter of modification is not directly related to the product, but the potential conditions under which the product may be used.  The original A1 stock didn't have a storage compartment, either.  After all, the stock didn't need one to function.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#19]
aaah...I dont get it guys? I just put the batteries in my pocket. . I have one of these PRS stocks and like mine very well. When mine came in the box i looked at it and said how much did i pay for this? then i got it on the bushy and it will never come off!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top