Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2004 11:50:10 AM EST
Just bought some mil-spec mags from sporstmans guide, they are gray parkernized finish, 40 round, 4 for $55 and 2 20 rnd steel cheapies. neither of the mags fit in the mag well! I have a plinker plus .223, don't know who to blame! [please help! have been told that mil spec is the only way to go but now am even more confused!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:40:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2004 12:41:52 PM EST by repub18]
you got POS mags and are in no way MIL-Spec, call sportsmans guide and ask for your money back for false advertising.

BTW no steel mags are mil-spec, only aluminum mags are and the fact that you have a plinker doesnt help much
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:00:40 PM EST

BTW no steel mags are mil-spec, only aluminum mags are and the fact that you have a plinker doesnt help much

Aren't the British SA-80 steel mags mil-spec?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:34:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By shadesofgrey:

Aren't the British SA-80 steel mags mil-spec?

British Mil-spec but not USGI-Spec
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:39:14 PM EST
No such animal as a 40 round USGI mil-spec mag.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:41:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By gotm4:
No such animal as a 40 round USGI mil-spec mag.

forgot to mention that
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:21:00 AM EST
so besides the fact that i cant afford a high end ar, has any body had any luck with a certain type of mag for the "plinker"? Will try aluminum, dont know what kind came with the gun, but it works and fits great and its steel, anymore ideas apreciated!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:31:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By jpdogkiller:
so besides the fact that i cant afford a high end ar, has any body had any luck with a certain type of mag for the "plinker"? Will try aluminum, dont know what kind came with the gun, but it works and fits great and its steel, anymore ideas apreciated!

If you keep an eye on the EE for AR mags you can sometimes get used 30 rounders (USGI) for as little as $8 each. They're out now but I bought 7 new mil spec 30 rounders for $11.99 each from Tapco.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:26:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By jpdogkiller:

just go with USGI and you will be fine
Top Top