Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 8:31:40 AM EDT
DO YOU REALLY NEED THE M-4 FEEDRAMPS. DON'T BUSHMASTER AND OTHER BRANDS FUCTION FINE WITH THEM.   I AM NOT TRING TO START A FUSS, THIS MAY HAVE BEEN COVERD IN THE PAST. I CAN'T DICIDE IF I NEED THEM OR JUST STICK WITH BUSHMASTER THAT COMES A 1-YR WARRRNTY AND I AM NOT SURE IF LMT DOES AND IT IS CHEAPER TO GO WITH BUSH M-4, I THINK I SAVE ABOUT $200.00. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
For M4 feedramp info, please read this link:  M4 feedramp info

While they are nice to have, they are not needed for 99.99% of the people who own ARs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It amazes me that the AR15/M16 world even functioned before the M4 feedramp issue. How many hundreds of thousands of these beasties are there w/o M4 feedramps that have functioned since the 60's.

Obviously, it was a solution to a problem, but what exactly was the problem? I think it all had to do with a specific round that the army adopted. Civilians have been shooting HP and soft point ammo since they got their hands on these things. I know that there are occassional problems but it seems that a functional magazine is far more important.

Yep, their cool to have (keeping up with the Joneses) but I haven't seen anything that really supports the need for them in semi-auto civilian guns.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree it is probably not something "needed" for reliability but may just be a slight improvement. My M16A4 at work has all the finish knocked off and rubbed away where M4 feedramps "would be" on an M4 by rounds striking it there during feeding so I can see why they added this I guess.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top