Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:02:28 PM EDT
Will I run into any problems if I put a colapsable stoc on a m-16 that came with a fixed stock? The only problem I forsee would be the buffer/spring not functioning. thanks in advance for any info
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
replace everything aft of the receiver (stock, buffer, spring, buffer tube) and it will work fine.

You have seen a carbine before right??
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
replace everything aft of the receiver (stock, buffer, spring, buffer tube) and it will work fine.

what GhostRing said

The buffer, buffer tube, and action spring are all unique to the carbine
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
What the hecksa Car Bean?  I just wanted to be sure it would function an m-16, the rifle will be fired on burst. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What the hecksa Car Bean?  I just wanted to be sure it would function an m-16, the rifle will be fired on burst. Thanks

ANY time you mess with the weapon like that you need to test fire it just to make sure everything is going to work.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yup, you'll be fine..   wait wait wait.. no.. no it won't work.. so you should give it to me in exchange for my bushmaster that's got a pimptastic 6pos stock on it already
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Snaps, um.. yeah, I don't think the Marine Corps wopuld like me trading my M-16 for a Bushy AR.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:49:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Snaps, um.. yeah, I don't think the Marine Corps wopuld like me trading my M-16 for a Bushy AR.

But they'll let you modify the weapon?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Make sure you're buying good quality stuff if you're going to be replacing things on your issue weapon.  I personally don't have a problem with bringing aftermarket gear to the field, (brought my own upper on deployment) but just make sure it's done right.  The lives of the Devil Dogs next to you depend on it...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

sure hey would... just take that little armory card of yorus... cross everything out and change it.. they won't mind one bit

and yea... it depends on who you're with on what they'll let you do.. we were allowed optics, some other's changed handguards with vertgrips, soem had those add in rails with grips or whatever.. and Some weren't allowed to switch anytihing.

Just depends on the unit but there will alwasy be restrictions about putting cheap junk on them
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I'l bet they won't let you swap out the stock on an issued weapon.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I was planning on a Vltor set up,  and I talked to my plt. cmdr. about it and he told me it's GTG. So it's HIS ass not mine.  What buffer should I run?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#14]
oh, and this is gonna go on the weapon in country and come off once we get ready to leave, just a side note, we are also going to a company size or smaller FOB, so there won't be a lotta brass runnin around around(thank God!)
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#15]
The Vltor is an excellent choice!

I'm not sure if you're getting a full kit (not sure what buffer weight comes with it)
I'm running an H2 buffer and I like it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sure hey would... just take that little armory card of yorus... cross everything out and change it.. they won't mind one bit

and yea... it depends on who you're with on what they'll let you do.. we were allowed optics, some other's changed handguards with vertgrips, soem had those add in rails with grips or whatever.. and Some weren't allowed to switch anytihing.

Just depends on the unit but there will alwasy be restrictions about putting cheap junk on them

Yeah but they don't let you take the parts back and put the original parts back on when you get out, right?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd say keep several copies of the receipt if you're going to modify your issues weapon. Then you can prove you purchased it on your own.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top