Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 1:52:15 AM EDT
where can i get some i heard you cant buy it any more since it is under military contract.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
All Grade 1 M855 product is going to the military due to the WOT.

But milspec reject product is available. Most internet dealers have it now, as do many local dealers, because both Federal and Winchester have huge contracts from Uncle Sam. Whatever won't meet milspec standards (usually just improperly applied or lack of sealant around primers) they are selling to the civie market.

Federal's has been out for a while packed loose in 1K boxes, labeled XM855PD. Most consider it Grade 2 or 3, requiring inspection before you shoot it b/c issues may be more than just sealant. I bought a case about a year ago and it was all good, but others have run into some bad looking rounds in their cases. Caveat Emptor product.

Winchester has recently come out with 20 round boxes, but I have not seen many reports on its quality; however I would suspect it may be higher quality than the XM855PD, since Win would be crazy to put Grade 3 ammo in 20 rd boxes and charge a premium price for it.

Try

- Ammoman
- Sportsman's Guide
- Kieslers
- Natchez Shooting Supplies
- Cabelas
- AmmunitionStore

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top