Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 6:55:44 PM EDT
will m4 handguards fit on a standard 16" car rifle?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
They should fit just fine.  They're just a little fatter.  Still a carbine length gas system.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
will m4 handguards fit on a standard 16" car rifle?

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
ok thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Another yes for you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I was going to start a new topic but this should work....Are double heat shield handguards much more effective than the singles or is it only noticable firing full auto?  I've seen some Colt double heat shield handguards advertised as "glued".  Are all dbl heatshields glued? If not, how are they attached? Does Colt still glue them?   TIA.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was going to start a new topic but this should work....Are double heat shield handguards much more effective than the singles or is it only noticable firing full auto?  I've seen some Colt double heat shield handguards advertised as "glued".  Are all dbl heatshields glued? If not, how are they attached? Does Colt still glue them?   TIA.

I notice a HUGE difference, heat-wise, with the double heat-shield M4 HG on my Colt 6920, vs the normal CAR-style HG on my Franken-AR.

Which of  course leads to question #3 in this thread:

Where can one pick up double-shielded M4 HG? (Other than Sawlesales?)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Where can one pick up double-shielded M4 HG? (Other than Sawlesales?)

Someone here said Bushmaster is making the dbl heat shield hgs again but I'd try to confirm that before ordering.  CMMG also sells them.  I thought LMT made them too but their website only has single shield hgs for sale.  And of course, they pop up all the time in the EE which seems to be the cheapest option.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushy is selling M4 handguards again but if IIRC they are single heatshields. I am fond of the DPMS glacier guards. They dont use metal heatshield but plastics ribs. They stay faily cool and are quite well made. They are used by Leitner Wise on their piston uppers. They said they tested all of the M4 handguards and the glacier guards cooled the best. Plus they can be had for like $20.
www.del-ton.com/detail.aspx?ID=1161

Here are some double heatshields
www.del-ton.com/detail.aspx?ID=127
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bushy is selling M4 handguards again but if IIRC they are single heatshields.

You're right.  I emailed Bushmaster tech support asking if their M4 handguards are double heat shields. Here is the reply I got:

"They have single heat shields with a double row of vents in them. They are in stock."

$42.50 + $10 shipping for single heat shield hgs? No thanks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top