Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 11:59:59 PM EST
what is the difference between a m4 car and a car both 16"?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:53:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:41:25 AM EST
If you're talking a M4 vs. a CAR. Well the barrel is turned down between the hand guard and front site, it's turned down under the front hand guard and the front hand guard is different. I guess in the end it results in a slightly lighter rifle. Plus...it's the latest rage, everybody wants one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:03:57 AM EST
the reason i ask is because model1sales has both m4 car kits and car kits. i could see the difference in barrels, but if i wanted one with a free float barrel the handguards wouldn't really matter. thanks ;)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:16:50 PM EST
Why would you want a M4 or CAR free floater?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:29:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By 89grand:

it is just personal, i like the feel and looks of them. is there a downside? any disadvantages?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:16:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By bob332:

it is just personal, i like the feel and looks of them. is there a downside? any disadvantages?

Not any downsides that I'm aware of. Just wondering if you wanted it because people talk about them. They do look pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:21:18 PM EST

Not any downsides that I'm aware of. Just wondering if you wanted it because people talk about them. They do look pretty cool.

what do they say? i wasn't aware they were talked about. good/bad? i am under the impression that the free float barrel setup is more accurate, but if we are talking about a 16" barrel at only 100yds, i would assume that it won't make a difference. or am i totally off on this?

thanks for the info ;)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:44:51 PM EST

A free-floating BBL using the aluminum handguards, will heat up real fast when you rapid fire. Even, so fire, the handguard heats up quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:57:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By warlord:

A free-floating BBL using the aluminum handguards, will heat up real fast when you rapid fire. Even, so fire, the handguard heats up quite a bit.

didn't even think of that...thanks :)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:59:59 PM EST

what do they say? i wasn't aware they were talked about. good/bad? i am under the impression that the free float barrel setup is more accurate, but if we are talking about a 16" barrel at only 100yds, i would assume that it won't make a difference. or am i totally off on this?

thanks for the info ;)

I've just heard about accuracy benefits with free floating that I wouldn't think would even be noticed with a 16 barrel or better yet from someone like me that shoots a lot worse than their rifle is capable of doing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:40:00 PM EST
Top Top