Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/11/2018 11:11:55 PM EDT
what says the hive on these? lightweight 16" cheapo build in 5.56
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:13:18 PM EDT
primary arms raptor, burris rt6, or maybe a steiner p4xi if you catch a really good sale and a coupon.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:32:47 PM EDT
Steiner
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:57:00 AM EDT
^ what he said. Best value around that price point. If it’s a little above your price point, sell some blood. Tons of threads on this scope.

This is good advice. Let us know how you like it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:30:32 AM EDT
VXR(add to cart for best price @$382)
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:07:02 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ICU:
VXR(add to cart for best price @$382)
View Quote
I really want to try one of these... I've got a P4Xi on a 11.5" SBR.

But i'm assembling another 11.5" and was just going to go with another P4Xi , anyone have both with some input?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:28:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:

But i'm assembling another 11.5" and was just going to go with another P4Xi , anyone have both with some input?
View Quote
Id stick w/ what you know if you dont have any major complaints w/ the Steiner. I dont see it lacking compared to VX series. Familiarity...
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:58:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2018 11:00:07 AM EDT by 135Patriots]
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:

View Quote
I sold my VX Patrol for the P4xi and just got some rounds through the latter this week. The Steiner is without a doubt the superior LPVO. Glass is similarly crisp but there's less blurring and bleed at the edges, especially when at four power. The eyebox is more forgiving at one power and anecdotally the FOV 'feels' a bit wider at one power. The Leupold is a fine, fine optic and for the money, it's a no brainer. But in absolute terms I prefer the Steiner. It's very impressive for $500(ish) optic.

I will say that the weight of the Leupy was impressive. Or the lack thereof, I should say.

ETA: Both optics sat atop an 18" upper, just for context. So, more of a patrol rifle setup than an SBR.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:03:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
I sold my VX Patrol for the P4xi and just got some rounds through the latter this week. The Steiner is without a doubt the superior LPVO. Glass is similarly crisp but there's less blurring and bleed at the edges, especially when at four power. The eyebox is more forgiving at one power, and anecdotally the FOV 'feels' a bit wider at one power. The Leupold is a fine, fine optic and for the money, it's a no brainer. But in absolute terms, I'd absolutely prefer the Steiner. It's very impressive for $500(ish) optic.

I will say that the weight of the Leupy was impressive. Or the lack thereof, I should say.

ETA: Both optics sat atop an 18" upper, just for context. So, more of a patrol rifle setup than an SBR.
View Quote
Thanks for the comparison. Yeah the weight of the VXR is what had me wanting to try one... I'll just grab another P4xi more than likely. Been a solid optic thus far and I've used it fairly hard.

I agree ICU on sticking with what your familiar with, the weight of the VXR is what had me intrigued
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:58:48 PM EDT
Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x firedots can be had for around $400 if you look around.

Great LPVO
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:40:48 PM EDT
If the VX-R Patrol has a 30mm tube, why does it have a 20mm objective?
Link Posted: Today 2:10:05 PM EDT
The Steiner is great, but I am stuck on how nice the glass is on the Burris RT6 for less than $300.
Link Posted: Today 2:10:49 PM EDT
The Steiner is great, but I am stuck on how nice the glass is on the Burris RT6 for less than $300.
Link Posted: Today 10:58:43 PM EDT
Not intending to thread jack but RT6 owners; is it truly rugged enough for duty/combat?
Top Top