Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 4:37:19 PM EDT
I just built my lower using an Olympic forged piece and a DPMS parts kit.  The trigger has no movement and appears to be in the pulled position.  I cannot install the safety selector due to the rear part of the trigger being in the way.  When i push the hammer back it locks on the disconnector, but never makes contact with the front part of the trigger.  The only way for me to release the hammer is by pressing the rear of the disconnector down to release the hammer.

What is the chance of the lower receiver being made wrong or the trigger pin hole being too low in the receiver?  

I don't have any special tooling to measure from the pivot and takedown pins down to the trigger pin hole, but if i knew the proper distance from the trigger pin hole to the bottom of the inside of the receiver, i'd measure that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
i followed the diagrams and instructions on this site to a T.  when i found this problem, then i took it all back apart and installed ONLY the trigger with no springs and no disconnector.  I put the pin thru it and it still is like it is in the pulled position.  and it will not move forward.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Check to see if the grip screw is too long and holding up the rear of the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If the grip screw is not the culprit, assemble on the outside of the receiver,(no springs) look at the relationship of the parts to each other. If they function then pin position should be relatively close in relation to the pin holes. At the same time you can see the location of selector. If still no luck look for the pocket depth to be off. Although it appears you have ruled this out, check disconnector spring to see that it is seated correctly and allowing disconnector fulll movement.
Robert
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the suggestions everyone.  

I used the blueprint of the lower that is on this site to measure hole separation and the hole for the trigger pin was around .025" too low (if i remember my numbers correctly).  It was half the diameter of the hole too low.

But all is well now....i called Oly and i was told that there was a defect in my serial number series.  He thought that all of them were stopped before they made it out the door, but i managed to get one of the defective units.  All i have to do is wait for them to send me the replacement, and i'll be back in business.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top