Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/17/2002 12:56:32 AM EST
Would anyone know what size tap I need to thread the lower for my AR where the buffer tube attaches to it. I'm building from an 80% lower from sgtfreedom.com, an A2 20" bull barrel upper from ASA, and lower parts kit and stock that I found on gunbroker.com. Thanks alot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:30:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/17/2002 1:30:50 AM EST by mr_wilson]
Believe you can buy both the 1 3/16 - 16TPI tap and the 1 1/8 Reamer from here if you are so inclined: [url]http://www.tanneryshop.com/products.html[/url], see bottom of list. Use the reamer first then the tap. Mike
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:31:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/17/2002 1:33:15 AM EST by Skammy]
[url]http://www.tanneryshop.com/PRODUCTS.html[/url] Tannery Shop list some tools but I don't know if this will help you.. You might want to search around here : [url]http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cb760d20564ffff;act=SC;c=1[/url] Edited to add : to slow [:)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:51:53 AM EST
thanks guys....being a farmer, got hells of tools around here, just needed the right size. New to the whole AR world, got permit to knock down deer population and needed something quiet, so I'm building this gun. I've taken alot of deer with 22 Mag, even up to 400 yards in the head, just needed some more poop behind it for the longer shots though. Thanks again.
Top Top