Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 10:15:52 AM EDT
Anyone care to rate or rank the quality of the various lowers out there (best to worst)? What is the quality of the Stinger lowers? I thought I seen a thread on this but I can't find it again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The first M4gery I build was on a Stinger lower.  The rifle functioned perfectly and fit and finish were very good.  I'd rank them up there with any of the other non-ABCs of the AR world.  I have since sold this one and built about four others, but not with Stinger lowers.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the best quality lowers (fit and finish) out there are the Stag Arms. I own several of these lowers and am very very pleased with them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The best quality lower I've personally handled is MEGA (same as Stinger, just different markings,and that link is probably the thread you were referring to). Finish is excellent darkest black and very durable. The forging marks are even milled out inside the trigger guard (even most of the big guys don't bother to clean them up in there).

I've also seen several Rock River Arms lowers, very high quality as well.

I have a Bushmaster, but it doesn't have the original finish.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up 2 MEGA's myself.  The finish is great.  Not sure how the fit is but I will let you know when I assemble them.  For 89.00 bucks its hard to beat.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks! Sounds great! May I ask where you bought them and how much? Like everyone else, trying to get the best bang for the buck. I've done good business with gunguyr for the RRA lowers. May want to try a Mega or Stag. The RRA lower guts seem to be good quality, any comments on the best kind of lower parts (guts) and best price for them? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
RRA is probably your best bet for standard lower parts. I don't know anything about "match/2 stage triggers" and all that stuff.

If you want to order a Mega lower, see here.
Phone number is probably the best bet, just keep trying. Email will probably take him a couple of days to get to.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Who cares? There is so little stress on a lower in an AR, as long as it is to spec and made from quality aluminum, it should be fine. Any lower from one of the major brands will be fine. If not, just send it back and they'll get you a new one. The upper is what matters since that's where the force of the recoil and gases will be traveling. All the lower does is hold the stock/buffer assembly in place and house trigger/disconnector/hammer system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top