Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 3:35:52 AM EDT
OK, i lost the stamped metal piece that goes between my tele-stock nut and my lower receiver. the one that looks like an oval. i searched bushmaster and RRA, no luck. i don't even know what it's called to do a search and none of the diagrams show it. help! TIA.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:44:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 3:50:38 AM EDT by NAM]
Receiver End Plate

Goes between the nut and receiver. Keeps the rear takedown spring from falling out.

Brownells
080-000-290
CAR-15 Receiver End Plate
$4.97

$3.98 if you've got a C&R FFL
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:45:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 3:47:24 AM EDT by Lancelot]
Bushmaster has them, others may as well.

Telestock Receiver Plate
Part # 1005-914-2942
$6.95

Direct Link

Third one down or so.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:01:08 AM EDT
You may want to install a single point-sling mount here while you have it "open"

While you might not use the single point now, you would at least have the mount installed and done and available as an option.

Daniel Defense
GG&G
and many others offer them

Here's one from ADCO, it is a GG&G product (LINK)

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:01:24 AM EDT
I will send you my spare reciever end plate for $5.00 . If I don't get rid of it soon I am going to have to build another rifle with it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:36:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 4:38:06 AM EDT by QUIB]

Originally Posted By Extracheeze:
I will send you my spare reciever end plate for $5.00 . If I don't get rid of it soon I am going to have to build another rifle with it.

Man, if I thought that way about my spare parts I'd have enough AR's built to arm a division of soldiers and a few small boys!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:06:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By QUIB:

Originally Posted By Extracheeze:

Man, if I thought that way about my spare parts I'd have enough AR's built to arm a division of soldiers and a few small boys!

You mean you don't?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:03:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lancelot:
You mean you don't?

I can equip an Army of three!

I just finished the light weight carbine, so it’s still too early for the next build. When I start throwing out hints to Frau Quib about a full size A2 I get that evil look that those German wimmenz give ya!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:22:53 AM EDT
i would go with a h-k sling loop.

i have had bad luck with the slot sling loops and busting my fingertips and knuckles cause it sits so high up in direct path of the charging handle.

i would use this end plate with the bfg udc sling, you can find the sling also at this website

link to the sling loop at g and r tactical
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:24:45 AM EDT
by the way............................. how did you manage to lose something that big?

usually its detents and springs but i have never read that someone lost a end plate
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:06:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
by the way............................. how did you manage to lose something that big?

usually its detents and springs but i have never read that someone lost a end plate

that's easy, cause i'm an idiot. this is nothin, one time i lost my girlfriend's vagina for two weeks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:22:11 PM EDT
faethor,

E mail me your name and address, and I'll send you one. Have several spare Colt pieces that were takeoffs, They look new, but do have the stakings on the edge. On the other hand, the price is right
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:51:02 PM EDT
I have the GG&G one that is pictured above... It is like new looking and its just in my spare parts bucket collecting dust. It comes with the spacer too..
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:19:46 PM EDT
I have lost four buffer retainers, two safety springs, and three rear takedown springs in the past two years. Somewhere in my office, there are also two MSH pins from 1911s. Fortunately, I live near NewARGuy, who has saved me any number of times with small obscure parts!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:29:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By faethor:

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

that's easy, cause i'm an idiot. this is nothin, one time i lost my girlfriend's vagina for two weeks!

Top Top