Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2009 12:51:54 PM EDT
Hello looking to buy a Colt Side swvial  mount on barrel.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good!
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Jeebus Cristo!

$29.95 for a Colt "style" side sling mount?

$59.95 for the real thing?

W...T...F?

To the OP: Do you have a PO box, or a non-private mailing address that you don't mind giving out? If so, shoot me an IM or e-mail. I'll drop a genuine Colt side sling mount into an envelope and send it to you for free. I've got a bunch of them that I'll never use.

Cripes...I didn't realize I was sitting on so much money. Maybe I'll put up an ad in the EE. Sixty bucks a copy is just plain silly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=89&t=682520

My buddy has two of them (I believe this is what you are looking for). He want's $30 each, and I know they are genuine Colt, because we bought a couple 6920s together.

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jeebus Cristo!

$29.95 for a Colt "style" side sling mount?

$59.95 for the real thing?

W...T...F?

To the OP: Do you have a PO box, or a non-private mailing address that you don't mind giving out? If so, shoot me an IM or e-mail. I'll drop a genuine Colt side sling mount into an envelope and send it to you for free. I've got a bunch of them that I'll never use.

Cripes...I didn't realize I was sitting on so much money. Maybe I'll put up an ad in the EE. Sixty bucks a copy is just plain silly.

I could use one too.  Have swag for trade.  IM sent.

Link Posted: 5/21/2009 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
IIRC Midway has the promag clone of this. $20.
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what manufacturing codes are on the "Genuine" Colt ones?  If you click on the picture and enlarge it, you can see the code on the dogbone, and as I recall, there is more coding on the sidesling part too.

just curious.  I've always figured they were "Cult" ones, just without the blessing of the pony.  

Brett
Colt Military Side Sling Adaptor - M4 .750 dia.

I just looked again at PK's ad and theirs is a factory Colt-not a Colt "style". My apology to the fine folks at PK.

To answer your question Brett, I have two styles of Cult () side sling adapters in my spare parts box. They differ only only in the style of dogbone. Both have the following number on the loop assembly: 12598617

One style of dogbone has the same number that PK's does: 12991254

The other style can be flipped around for different barrel thicknesses-it's marked M16A1 and M16A2. The number is hard to read, but it looks like: 12598618

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#10]
If my information is correct, the part that fits both the A1 and A2 barrels is the older one. The other part is said to be the current issue.

I am on the hunt for an original Colt front sling mount too. Sadly I am in Germany and most US based companieswon't sell abroad.
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I was pondering putting one of these either on the barrel or gas tube on my SA SOCOM M1A.  Think it will fit?
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got one from PK friday. It has no numbers on the pin-clamp but the number 83005 on the main body. Real or fake?
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Cjan,
Just sent you an email, Please send me one, as I said in the E-mail, been looking for one of these for
a while, just can't justify the 30 - 60 bucks for it, But as I said, if you can, I'll zap you back $10.00 in an
envelope, for your trouble.
Thanks, if you can, contact me for contact info
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just got one from PK friday. It has no numbers on the pin-clamp but the number 83005 on the main body. Real or fake?

I have the same question.  I ordered two adaptors from PK Firearms last Thursday, they shipped Friday, and got them today, Tuesday, with Monday being a holiday.  Very, very fast service.  These parts were strictly for my Colt LE6920, so I wanted the original, real-deal Colt part.  Their site says "Colt Military Side Sling Adaptor - M4 .750 dia" and their photo shows the bar with part number "12991254" clearly showing.  What I received is two nice looking adaptors with only "83005" on the main body, and the numbers are located that when installed they would be covered by the gas tube and the part would appear totally unmarked.  Is this a Colt part that is marked different if it is USGI and made for the military?  Or is it made by another vendor for Colt?  It appears to me to be the same quality as the Colt part (definitely not Pro-mag), and I'm just curious if anyone really knows who this part is made by, even though it is being sold as "Colt"?????
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Do these adaptors change the the rifles POI since they clamp onto the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I also bought one from PK, got it in today and it has 83005 on it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do these adaptors change the the rifles POI since they clamp onto the barrel?

I would certainly expect so.  It's probably minimal though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the same question.  I ordered two adaptors from PK Firearms last Thursday, they shipped Friday, and got them today, Tuesday, with Monday being a holiday.  Very, very fast service.  These parts were strictly for my Colt LE6920, so I wanted the original, real-deal Colt part.  Their site says "Colt Military Side Sling Adaptor - M4 .750 dia" and their photo shows the bar with part number "12991254" clearly showing.  What I received is two nice looking adaptors with only "83005" on the main body, and the numbers are located that when installed they would be covered by the gas tube and the part would appear totally unmarked.  Is this a Colt part that is marked different if it is USGI and made for the military?  Or is it made by another vendor for Colt?  It appears to me to be the same quality as the Colt part (definitely not Pro-mag), and I'm just curious if anyone really knows who this part is made by, even though it is being sold as "Colt"?????

Again, does anyone know if this is a real Colt Part or who makes it???
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I sent an E-mail to PK today about the adapters on their site. Will update when I get an answer back.
Also, dont know how well an actual Colt adapter fits but the one I got from PK is loose on my .750 barrel and it took very little pressure to push the roll pin through the clamp.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#20]
MGVINCE -
Thanks for the assist.  The part 83005 fits exactly the same as my original Colt did.  (My new 6920 had the factory part on when new and I regretably took it off to try something else and sold it.)  The new part does look very good quality wise, fit is the same as factory, and I had to drive the roll pin in with a hammer and short punch.  If we dont get an answer, I will probably start a new thread where more people will see it.  I have tried Google with all sorts of wording and part 83005 and cant find anything.  I may try to call Colt next week just to ask if miltary parts are marked differently.  Yes, it is a quality part.  Yes, it fits good.  Yes, it costs less.  But is it Colt or who is it made by???
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
MGVINCE -
Thanks for the assist.  The part 83005 fits exactly the same as my original Colt did.  (My new 6920 had the factory part on when new and I regretably took it off to try something else and sold it.)  The new part does look very good quality wise, fit is the same as factory, and I had to drive the roll pin in with a hammer and short punch.  If we dont get an answer, I will probably start a new thread where more people will see it.  I have tried Google with all sorts of wording and part 83005 and cant find anything.  I may try to call Colt next week just to ask if miltary parts are marked differently.  Yes, it is a quality part.  Yes, it fits good.  Yes, it costs less.  But is it Colt or who is it made by???

My experience with the part is exactly the same as yours.  I had to use a hammer and punch to install the roll pin, and the part seems well made.  Google didn't produce for me either.  I'm happy with the mount, but I would just like to know it is a factory Colt as it was advertised as such.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Got an E-mail from PK today. Said they source them from RAA that they all have the 83005 number on them that the picture on the site is an old one, 2 years maybe.
He didn't know where RAA got them and that maybe Colt changed the number.

I'll try it for awhile, see how I like it. just seems awful loose.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#23]
So in the meantime, I just checked their website, and it still has the same picture they say is two years old and still says it is a Colt part, even though they cant confirm that is.  Guess I'll call Colt tomorrow and see what they think it is???  Colt Defense Customer Service   1-800-241-2485  
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Also the RAA could be Russian American Armory in Scottsburg, Indiana.  But if it was RRA it could be Rock River Arms which is in Colona, Illinois.  That is only 217 miles from PK Firearms which is in Shelbyville, Illinois.  Guess I'll be spending some quality time on the phone tomorrow.  I will do my best to find out where the Mystery Part 83005 is made.  Colt or Not.  Stay tuned.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Here is a genuine current Colt Defense LLC front side sling swivel adapter assembly in the factory packaging.
If it isn't in the packaging it is probably a copy or an outsource manufactured example.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sell what I believe is the same part as PK FireArms.  I order them directly from Rock River Arms.  I have these same mounts on a couple of my carbines and have never had any problems with them.  They are marked “83005”.  I have been stocking these for sometime now and have never had a complaint.

Now…the ProMag piece is another story.  It is my opinion that they are junk.  I can’t count the number of roll pins that have split apart when trying to install the mount.  I finally threw a bunch of them (the mounts) away.

I'd have tried new roll pins first...maybe you did.  Never messed with the ProMag stuff, seen it, handed it, some good, some bad, too variable.  Not name brand, etc.

I really don't care who or what made it.  As long as it is made right, in the form follows function natural way.

All my guns are builds.  All my guns are parts guns.  And guess what?  Yours are to!

I don't want people thinking they are getting a "CULT Military Side Sling Adaptor - M4 .750 dia."

When really they are just getting a RRA sourced, well machined, "CULT "STYLE" Military Side Sling Adaptor - M4 .750 dia." sidesling adaptor that mounts to the barrel in between the legs of the FSB.

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, must be a different turkey?

And to paraphrase and use wording similar something I read recently, concerning people that know enough and have been paid by many, many, people,  to teach them proper use and skills, repeatedly with repetition, and with excellent results enough times, to know that a hammer is just a hammer.  It drives the nails.  But not without the operator.  Dead as a hammer...

"It doesn't matter what tribe you are from...the steps are the same..."

All of the fighting tribes, paint their rifles, before they paint their faces.  They'd  much rather they're rifle get scratched up than they would.  And as for numbers, most of them, at least the younger ones I know, won't remember their serial on the rifle they had in basic, much less the ones they might have had to actually fight with.

If Cult is a four letter word, I'd just as soon make it Rock River Arms tomorrow.

Brett

btw, warren zevron, listening to it right now.  Good stuff.

So, having said all that, I guess it's ok to label a part as "COLT" and show a picture of a "COLT" part, when in fact it is Rock River Arms???  

Link Posted: 6/6/2009 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I ordered one of the same ones from PK on Tuesday 6/2 2009.
Received it on Friday, 6/5/2009.

Website description reads "Colt Military Side Sling Adaptor - M4 .750 dia. " $29.95, $.00 Priority Mail Shipping, $37.95 delivered to my PO Box.
http://www.pkfirearms.com/content/1/20/50/70
(Scroll down to 9th item on the page)

The adapter I received is also not the one pictured on the website.
It came in a bag with only 83005 stamped on it . No other numbers or markings.

My upper is a DPMS Flattop with the M203 cuts .750 diameter where the adapter goes under the sight.

Both of the spring legs broke off one side when attempting to install it with the second roll pin.
I was totally startled that it broke so easy, as I did no more than press down with my gloved thumb on the two spring leaves to start the second roll pin. No hammering, no tools to pry with and no "APE'ing" of the part on the rifle.

It was way too easy to break like that and I have to say I'm extermely disappointed.

WIll contact PK about it and advise.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Any updates?  I was sold what was said to be a 6920 take-off by a a member here...

Has the same 8xxxxx code.
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I called COLT Customer Service and Travis said he will look into this matter!!!  
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Any updates yet? Would love to hear what they had to say at Colt's.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I have one of the afformentioned RRA units.  I haven't been able to compare it to the Colt piece, but I did notice the roll pins that came with it were rather easy to insert.  Unfortunately, when running the gun slung up recently, the pins damn near worked themselves out.  They are the coiled type roll pins.  Went to the local Fastenal and picked up some 1/8x3/4" spring pins.  Little bit longer than the factory pins and fit more snugly.  On the downside, I am now the proud owner of 98 spring pins, anybody need some?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top