Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2003 7:54:53 PM EDT
Which brand of magazines do you prefer? Where did you purchase them? Should they be new or used? Is there any problems with using used mags for tactical purposes?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#1]
USGI.  These being OKay, Sanchez, Colt, FN, Adventure Line,Center Industries Ect.  Israeli Orlite and US made thermolds are also good.

You can get Mags from the Equipment Exchange here at AR15.com.  Also good deals can be found at gun shows or surplus stores.  Stay away from USA brand and Western Metal Products Mags, they are pure junk and a waste of money IMHO.

New is nice but you will pay more, used is what I get and then I refinish them and replace the spring and follower with new.

As for your last question, thats what I use.

Also check out the Mag FAQ at

[url]http://magfaq.tripod.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
USGI mags are the best.  

Used mags are fine as long as the feed lips are not cracked or bent and the mag bodies are not dented and the floor plates are not dented.

I've seen some great deals on the equipment exchange and gunshows.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought some used USGI mags at the gunshow this weekend. The guy had a big green Army box full of used mags. I bought 2 Sanchez mags for $10.00 each. I changed the springs and followers as well. Basically, I have $14 in each mag and have had zero problems with them.

Andy
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Highly unlikely you will find any hi-cap magazines at shows in CA which has had a hi-cap ban for some time now.  

Now you may find some folks that will sell you some magazine replacement parts from out of state which is legal.

But don't be surprised if some folks are leary about it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine just bought me some English 30 round steel AR15 magazines. I tried them out yesterday and they worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Would anyone else like to comment on the English 30 round magazines? I saw a huge case of these today at a local gun show but was a bit apprehensive about buying them since I hadn't heard anything about AR15 mags from England. I believe they were brand new, as they were wrapped in bundles and looked unused.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I just brought 3-30rds of the English mags from AIM for $22.95, they are brand new and have an "England" sticker on the lower-half side. They fit great and drop out easily on my M4, but still have the old/black followers, but haven't had the chance to test how it feeds yet.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
... Here are a few:

[url]http://www.swatmagazine.com/[/url]

... a few more

[url]http://www.gun.com/indexmagazinestore.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have found the "English" mags to be very nice.
I reach for them first over my G.I. mags. The followers may be black but, they are the same as the green anti-tilt.
I usually pay $19.00 a pop for them. Good price, I feel.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got 10 of the blued ones.  Gave $150 for them shipped.  Took them out last weekend and fully loaded every one of them.  Not a single falure.  I replaced the flimsy followers that came with them for black usgi ones that I had laying around.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought some new Armalite 20rd magazines that work perfectly. They're a little pricey at $39 bucks a pop, but they function great and look great.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Nate,

Where did you get them for that price?  I would love to pickup 10 for 150 shipped?

Thanks,

Rp
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#13]
RGUNS
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#14]
The dimentions on 2 of the 10 weren't quite right and the tips of the FMJ Q3131a would rub the front of the mags and bind them up.  RGUNS had no problems with replacing these mags.  The replacements even had green anti-tilt followers.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top