Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/12/2003 11:14:56 PM EDT
I have a colt post ban ar15 20 inch upper and I am creating a long distance(reach out and touch someone) varmit rifle. I would really like everyones opinion on a scope that would really finish off this ar15 right.
Thank you,
Dowayno
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I just sold a Leupold long range target 8.5x25x30mm scope, that was on my GA Precision .300 Win-Mag.  I was able to see my bullet holes, on orange 5" stickers at 300 yards, on most occasions.  The clarity was incredible, and I never had any problems, with the scope.  It is a little pricey, though...
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Although, IMO your 4" short in barrel length from a "true" reach and touch someone, long range/varmint AR rifle, the scope recommendation remains the same [b]LEUPOLD[/b] would be my choice.

FWIW, think the Vari-X III or newer versions in 4.5 x 14 power would be enough given your AR length.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top