Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/10/2005 9:00:22 PM EDT
do i have to purchase an upper and lower made by lmt in order to have a complete lmt rifle or can i purchase a complete lmt rifle through my nearest ffl? if complete rifles are for sale where can i see or browse them (styles, prices,etc.)? if not can i purchase their uppers without bayo lug and a muzzle brake/compensator instead of flash hider to comply with new york laws. info will be greatly appretiated
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:01:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 9:15:16 PM EDT by _DR]
Unless you are LE or AD military, LMT dealers won't sell you a complete rifle, AFAIK.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:07:53 PM EDT
I'm don't know much about LMT but please accept my sympathy for having to live in New York.

I work with a guy that is originally from NY. He always tells me about the idiotic hunting and gun laws up there. For instance, he told me that you can't hunt deer with a deer rifle... you have to hunt them with a shotgun. Sounds like Hillary AntiChrist Clinton at her best to me.

Anyway, I hope someone has your answer. I just wanted send you my condolences for having to live with those laws.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:53:32 PM EDT
+1 In ban free states like in my state, since LMT don't sell the complete rifle to civilians, I have to buy the upper and the lower separately.

A lot of sellers sells both upper and lower at the Equipment Exchange of this site, that's where I bought mine, click on the link on top of any page or click on the link below.

You could send the upper to ADCO Firearms and have them permanently install a crowned muzzle end.

Check your local laws to be sure. Good luck.

Equipment Exchange link

ADCO Firearms link

Lewis Machine Tool Company link

Picture of my LMT 16-inch M4 style carbine (the bottom one)

Top Top