Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/13/2006 12:30:49 PM EDT
living in NYS i can't have an adjustable stock so that's out of the question :-(

it seems like most people with a telescoping stock use it in its fully retracted position. i'm getting ready to order a new RRA in a few months. any opinions on whether i should go with the full length stock or the "stubby" stock? i'm a slightly shorter than average individual, and the full stock seems like it might be a bit long on me, but then again the stubby one looks quite short. any input? or should i just GET BOTH and then go through the trouble of selling the one that doesn't fit?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:42:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2006 12:46:08 PM EDT by Forest]

Originally Posted By fossil_fuel:
.. any opinions on whether i should go with the full length stock or the "stubby" stock? i'm a slightly shorter than average individual, ....

Neither - get the Sully Stock!

It's a little longer than the Stubby stock, and it's shorter than the full-size A2 stock. It even comes with a spacer that can exend the length to ALMOST A1 stock length.

It's my favorite of the fixed stocks and what I was using on my carbine prior to the end of the ban.

16" LW carbine

Edited to add more:
16.5" 'Dissy Type' KISS carbine:

Sully with an A1 and A2 stock for comparison.

Available in Black or OD Green.

FYI the stock is solid, there is no trapdoor.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:44:10 PM EDT
Try to get an SP1 stock (Cav Arms sells them in this length) or one of the early M-16 stocks without the trapdoor, as they are shorter. You'll need to get the shorter screw to go with it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:44:51 PM EDT
Or what Forest said!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:52:46 PM EDT
if the a2 feels long, get a shorter one. if wearing body armor and lbv or pack, the stubby. if no gear the sully.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:23:23 PM EDT
I don't know how anyone shoots their's all the way short, unless they got gear on. I'm not a large guy and all the way forward makes my arms feel like a retard. If you ask me, your arm is pretty vertical, then your hand has to go almost 90 degrees from there. It's too close. I think the A1 stock is the perfect length stock. But I don't wear kevlar / tac vest or anything like that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:54:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JJREA:
I don't know how anyone shoots their's all the way short, unless they got gear on.

They shoot with a more squared off (fighting) stance. The Sully is like my 6 pos telestock on #2 or #3 (with #1 being all the way closed).

If you shoot with a target stance then the A1 is a good choice (so use the spacer that comes with the Sully stock ).
Top Top