Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2006 12:47:20 PM EDT
Does anyone know about the AR lowers from RRA being imported into CA? Since the fed weapons ban ended, some "Californians" are getting RRA lowers in. They are not on the ban list, a "loop-hole".  So, some of the people are saying since it isn't banned, i can order them in and register them. If and when they ban it, it is then considered a  preban, so i can do a AR build??? Sounds a little "fishy". Can't get a definite answer from DOJ. Anyone????Won't do it until i get a definite answer in writting from DOJ.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm.  You've brought up an interesting theory.  I highly doubt it would be legal because it is California after all, but I would be curious to see how this plays out.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the Calguns.net board for information. There's a ton of it there! This is an on-going topic. Yes, certain lower receivers were not on the Kasler list and so people have been importing them into California and DROS'ing them (NOT registering them).  They are legal to build into AR's as long as you FIRST fix a 10-round mag in them to conform to the law. IF and WHEN the DOJ decides to add these lowers to the Kasler list, THEN you would be able to register the rifle as an assault weapon and remove the 10-round fixed mag (but ONLY then). The problem now is that very few manufacturers or wholesalers are sending any more lowers in due to pressure from the California DOJ (threats of legal action). So, there are a couple group buys going on, one in SoCal and one in NorCal. Check the Calguns.net board for those. Good luck.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
go to the hometown forums and see whats going on there.

read a little about it and from what i understand all you wrote is true, find a lower not on the ban list, find a dealer willing to ship and then register.

dont quote me and surely dont take my word for it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome, and please read the following threads...

CA faq

and this

And visit the California Forum of arfcom

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top