Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:28:53 AM EDT
i am having an extremely skilled machinist machine the detent grooves on the opposite side of my safety selector to make it a true lefty selector. has anyone done this before? i know there are severeal ambi selectors out there, but they have selectors on both sides. i want to make mine strickly lefty. i'll post pics when he's done with it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#1]
the Bad ass safey can be bought with a cap to go on the left side of the rifle making it truly only a left safety.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt's current OEM selector lever is reversible in the way you described.  

Single sided safety with detent tracks on both sides so it can be installed from either side of the receiver.  

I'm sure someone has a spare after replacing their with a BAD or something.  I got rid of all mine years ago.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Colt's current OEM selector lever, which I believe is the same one in PSA's LPK and several other kits is reversible in the way you described.  

Single sided safety with detent tracks on both sides so it can be installed from either side of the receiver.  

I'm sure someone has a spare after replacing their with a BAD or something.  I got rid of all mine years ago.  

~Augee

It's quite possible that they have changed since I bought my PSA LPKs, but mine are not reversible. Extended yes, but not reversible

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the Bad ass safey can be cought with a cap to go on the left side of the rifle making it truly only a left safety.

This
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Colt's current OEM selector lever, which I believe is the same one in PSA's LPK and several other kits is reversible in the way you described.  

~Augee

It's quite possible that they have changed since I bought my PSA LPKs, but mine are not reversible. Extended yes, but not reversible

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Haven't handled the PSA selector, but saw photos of it that they were extended in the same way as the Colt OEM and assumed they would also be reversible.  I guess not, huh?  

Have edited my post to reflect.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Colt still makes this selector Brownells sells it, also a new company called Ambi makes a cool locking tab reversable selector.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The Colt selector is reversible as Augee mentioned.  I'm a lefty and like this selector.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top