Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:51:27 AM EDT
I need to find a small, powerful, affordable laser to preferably mount on the gas block rail. I would like to get a switch I could mount on the hand rail. I am also planning on putting an eotech on there so space is at a premium. I looked through the regular lights laser threads, but wondered what you guys have had experience with. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the Las/Tac II laser from Laser devices.  It mounts in a standard 1" ring and I used the Leupold QDW for mine.  Works great.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Try a search on ebay for laser sights
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
That is one hearty pistol posted by big bore.  

Really caught my eye.

Looks like it's got everything but a can opener on board. LOL!

How does it run?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:29:28 AM EDT
[#4]
las/tac by ldi from brightflashlights or gandrtactical.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:48:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Try a search on ebay for laser sights

Wow, how f'ing insightful, thanks man, that really helps out allot.

Anyway, thanks you bigbore and eklikwhoa, if you both recommend that laser, that’s good enough for me. I will defiantly have to check into it. I’ll check out brightflashlights to see what it will run me. Did either of you guys have any problems at all with it? How true to zero does it hold if getting bumped around? Range? Thanks again guys for all the help.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
i own the otal and plan on getting the lastac for future pistol build but the otal works great and doesnt budge.

both are from the same people and im sure its worth it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i own the otal and plan on getting the lastac for future pistol build but the otal works great and doesnt budge.

thanks, did you pick up yours from bf?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyway, thanks you bigbore and eklikwhoa, if you both recommend that laser, that’s good enough for me. I will defiantly have to check into it. I’ll check out brightflashlights to see what it will run me. Did either of you guys have any problems at all with it? How true to zero does it hold if getting bumped around? Range? Thanks again guys for all the help.

It is rock solid.  The LT2 is desinged for use in one-inch rings and while it is not as "cool" looking as the ITAL or OTAL (I have an ITAL on my 6.8) it is every bit as solid and holds zero just as well.  Since it sets higher than the ITAL it cannot be used in front of an EOTECH but it works just fine in the under barrel position.

I do like the ITAL better (because it not only looks beter but sets low to the rail) but if you want to be honest, the AR pistol's only use for me is as a bullet hose and for putting a shit-eating grin on my face.  For that reason the ITAL costing over twice as much as the set-up I used did not make financial since, not on a purely kicks-n-giggles firearm.
For a serious-as-a-heart-attack firearm I would use the ITAL or OTAL, not the ring mounted LTII that I used on the pistol, but only because it sticks out much farther than either of the xTALs.

By the way, as unpractical as that pistol is, it runs like a bat out of hell.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:29:33 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks guys, good info, i might just change out the gas block to a quad rair and mount the laser under. what are you talking about bullet hose? i was going to use it for my carry gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks, did you pick up yours from bf?

got mine during grants group buy. buy have bought plenty of items from brightflashlights and plan on getting the las/tac from him
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
dot_bob....

side charging upper........  cool
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:51:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I also have the Las/Tac  it is a awesome laser. If your LEO or AD mil. you can get it in Infrared (835nM) diode  VERY COOL
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I also have the Las/Tac  it is a awesome laser. If your LEO or AD mil. you can get it in Infrared (835nM) diode  VERY COOL

whats the point? nv? sorry, out of the loop on that shit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Look over here:  ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=198225

I've got the AimShot 12mw green laser on mine.  Works great.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

whats the point? nv? sorry, out of the loop on that shit.

Yes it works with NV. I guess if your out of the loop then it would be a waste of money. I have mine left over. Dont needit now or even have NV but if your job requires it, its pretty cool.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#17]
shameless bump, anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#18]
i put an Insight M6 on my Bushy 9mm pistol.  i wanted a laser and light that was lightweight and had a low profile.  the M6 has worked fine in the field so far, and holds zero.  i only paid $200 for it though; if i had to pay retail, i'd have probably gone with an LDI setup instead.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top