Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2009 1:48:18 AM EDT
I was told that the civilian population cannot get true 5.56 military ammo.I was told that the federal lake city ammo(xm 193),has had all the components taken apart and the flash retardent powder removed.Is this correct?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 3:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was told that the civilian population cannot get true 5.56 military ammo.I was told that the federal lake city ammo(xm 193),has had all the components taken apart and the flash retardent powder removed.Is this correct?

Who told you all of this?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 3:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
You were told wrong, at least in regards to 5.56 ammo. XM193 and XM855 are the same thing the .mil gets for the most part, though usually it is overruns or missing sealant in some cases but it has the same powder the .mil gets.

I know that some .50BMG ammo is remanufactured using commercial powder, but not 5.56 ammo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 3:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Post this in GD and you will probably get more traffic
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:16:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Once the Mil takes posession, it can't be resold to the civi market, before that, if the Mil rejects it or doesn't want it, it's legal for LC to sell it on the open market.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:07:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Once the Mil takes posession, it can't be resold to the civi market, before that, if the Mil rejects it or doesn't want it, it's legal for LC to sell it on the open market.

This.  Plus it would be WAY more work to demil and then rebuild it with lesser powder.  Contract overruns (intentional or not) and cosmetic rejects get us civs plenty of M193 and not quite plenty of M885.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Not true.  I have a bunch of it....

You just need to know the right people.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I think its the same stuff
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top