Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2004 7:54:43 PM EST
I was at the Vally Forge gun show near Philly today, looking to pick up a lower. I got there kind of late, and just about everyone was sold out of lowers, dealers say they sold out lowers within the first 30 minutes. After wandering around for quite a while, I managed to find a dealer who had one new Bushmaster lower left. It was complete with a 3-position stock, so I got it. It was $280 which I thought was a good price. Anyway, the entire reciever is very dry, with almost no lubrication. The moving parts do not move smothly like my previous AR, the tigger, mag release, etc are gritty as well. Also, there are a few small white specks, as if the finish was chipped off. Is this normal for a new lower? And who makes 3 position collapsable stocks? It is kind of cheapy feeling, but I thought it would be easier to buy a new stock if this one was really bad, where it would be hard for me to find a lower anywhere else any time soon. How can I found out when the reciever was made by the serial number?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:02:13 PM EST
sorry for not responding to your question, but i went to the same show and picked up a bushmaster as well. it's really cramped in there, they need to take away some tables or find a bigger venue.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:06:59 PM EST
Yeah I was really getting pissed off at that show, people crowding in everywhere, and dealers ignoring you and talking to their buddies when you were trying to buy expensive stuff...

although the machine gun dealers were pretty sweet

oh yeah, I tried to pick up some beretta mags but every single mag dealer was a complete rip off, trying to sell used or non-factory hi-caps for as much as $60!!!!

I did get a great deal on ammo at ammunitionstore's booth, got a bunch of q3131a and also a butt load of talon tracers for dirt cheap!

anyway, back to my original question...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:59:11 AM EST
bump
Top Top