Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 10:57:38 AM EST
I am purchasing a pre-ban R6601 very soon. Pre-ban according to the rules, full rifle was assembled before 1994. Now the thing is i know the R6601 doesn't have a bayo lug, and doens't have the teloscopic stock... I plan on putting those on. Is that legal since i have a pre-ban? Or is the preban not considered a SAW? Only reason I say its maybe not a SAW is because it is without a teloscopic stock and bayonet lug, but it has a flash supressor I think.

Just looking for clarification, sorry if its been spoken about before.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:09:54 AM EST
You can add all the other preban items you please without legal problems.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:14:20 AM EST
thank you... good to hear good news :)
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:56:39 PM EST
Using http://www.awbansunset.com/whatis.html as a reference to the 1994 crime bill: "Specifically, a rifle is considered an "assault weapon" if it can accept a detachable magazine, and possesses two or more of the following features: - Folding or telescopic stock - Pistol grip protruding conspicuously beneath the stock - Bayonet mount - Flash suppressor or threaded barrel - Grenade launcher " Since your rifle started as a whole rifle, has a detachable magazine AND a pistol grip AND a flash suppressor it IS indeed an assault weapon as prescribed by law. Thus, you may make any pre-ban related modifications that you want with confidence. No worries.
Top Top