Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2004 12:22:05 PM EDT
I own a asa 9mm ar15.  This gun is extremely accurate and shoots very smooth.  The only complaint I have is that the last round in the mag seems to get  jammed.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I an resolve this problem.  The gun does not jam anyother time, except for the last one.  I am using 25 round modified uzi mags.  any suggestion would appreciated.    
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Bend the follower legs so the angle of the last round is less. Or add some JB Weld (or something)  to the back of the top of the follower to get the angle down.  If the angle is steep the last cart. doesn't strip correctly.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Get rid of the Uzi mags and get Colt mags.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get rid of the Uzi mags and get Colt mags.

+1
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Load one less round.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Do as joe told you. The round will then set up even with the feed lips. When only 1 round in mag the bullet is not high enough to be cought by the bolt. This wont happen any more after you fix the angle of the bullet to the feed lips. I do it to ever mag.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top