Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2002 8:15:23 PM EDT
just got a few tousand rds of this stuff rom the ammunitionstore.com at 57.00 per thousand its very tarnished and ding and actually seems like its cover in dust or something its 55 gr fml in 50 cal acns anyone have any experiance with is store or this ammo   it looks kind rough  thnaks   jim
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:17:51 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple of years ago there was a company selling this stuff in bulk form, in both .223 and .308. I don't remember their name. It was popular for a while. It was mixed production, perhaps surplus from partially used belts, etc. I remember it was hit or miss. Some was good, some bad. Towards the end, a lot of us decided to avoid it. But this could be a totally different deal, so it's best to test a couple of hundred rounds and see what happens. Hopefully, you won't have any problems.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 4:12:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I got 1k fm them a couple months ago. It contained a mix of PS, TZZ, IMG and a few LC headstamps. They ship about 1100 rds in the can, and after I sorted it out, I ended up with about 1050 rds. A number of rounds were severly dented, the smaller dents aren't a problem.

Watch out for rounds that have severe corrosion and cull them out. I found a couple rounds that were so corroded, the powder had drained out of the round. I also found a couple were the bullet was pushed deep into the brass.

Once you pull out all the crap, it worked fine. If you are concerned about the dirt/dust, hit them with some steel wool, or throw them in small lots of about 75-100 into a tumbler for 30 minutes. If you tumble it gently, and for a brief time period, it won't cause any problems.
The 30 minutes won't make the brass bright/shiney, but it will clear off the heavy dirt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The only AR15 kaboom i ever witnessed was with this stuff. I guarantee that if you found out who originally sold it they will tell you it was sold as scrap, not to be fired.

Of course somewhere along the distrribution line, as the prices go up, those do not fire lables seem to fall off.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A couple of years ago there was a company selling this stuff in bulk form, in both .223 and .308. I don't remember their name. It was popular for a while.

www.southernammo.com

-Troy

Thanks, that's them. Somehow they got removed from my list of ammo links. Hmmm... I do remember the customer service lady was really nice.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top