Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 12:03:07 AM EDT
my 4x24 m2 has a mp9 nato rectical.can anyone explain how the range finder works. it has a scale under the crosshairs with the #s 8 6 4 2 with lines at varing heights.the scope came without any instruction manual.thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know, sounds like you need a rectical exam ....

All kidding aside. The horizontal lines below center are usually graduations indicating "holdover" for various ranges. The numbers 2, 4 etc. are likely 200, 400 meters if it's a NATO reticle. If these horizontal lines vary in horizontal length they are also range indicators in that their length corresponds to a known object size at that particular range.
--RR
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I would imagine they are the height of a human torso at the prescribed range.  You bracket the torso between the lines and then dial in the range on the elevation turret.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is the reticle instruction sheet that came with my M2 4x24 with CQB reticle.

It is a modified MP8, so it may help:

[img]http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=731717[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top