Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2016 11:19:27 PM EDT
Someone needs to save these pics.
[url]www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=27184[url]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Well that's just cool! I'll try to save when I get home.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Balimoy M16?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well that's just cool! I'll try to save when I get home.
View Quote

Balimoy made replacement lower receivers for Uncle Sam

ETA; Sorry, miss quoted. Meant to quote 37thguy
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahh, Merci!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#6]
These occasionally show up and cause some confusion. Balimoy only manufactured lower receivers that were utilized during Depot Rebuilds at ANAD (Anniston Army Depot). These receivers were used as spares when they did not have enough serviceable lowers in the system to meet production schedules at the Depot. I.E, you will never see a complete Balimoy A1 as Balimoy never produced complete rifles.

Some additional confusion stems from the fact these receivers were originally made with A2 reinforcements but were marked as A1’s. These markings were subsequently overstamped as were other A1’s when undergoing rebuild into A2’s starting in the late 90’s.

While Balimoy’s CAGE Code: 2U894 (Commercial and Government Entity) was established in 1980, I have never seen one of their receivers show up on a rebuilt A1. My guess, judging from the A2 forging is that they started production in the mid to late 80’s. Anniston was still rebuilding A1’s into the early 90’s hence the A1 markings originally applied to the receivers. The receivers most likely sat at Anniston until they were needed during the A1 to A2 conversion process that started in the late 90’s through the mid 00’s.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These occasionally show up and cause some confusion. Balimoy only manufactured lower receivers that were utilized during Depot Rebuilds at ANAD (Anniston Army Depot). These receivers were used as spares when they did not have enough serviceable lowers in the system to meet production schedules at the Depot. I.E, you will never see a complete Balimoy A1 as Balimoy never produced complete rifles.

Some additional confusion stems from the fact these receivers were originally made with A2 reinforcements but were marked as A1’s. These markings were subsequently overstamped as were other A1’s when undergoing rebuild into A2’s starting in the late 90’s.

While Balimoy’s CAGE Code: 2U894 (Commercial and Government Entity) was established in 1980, I have never seen one of their receivers show up on a rebuilt A1. My guess, judging from the A2 forging is that they started production in the mid to late 80’s. Anniston was still rebuilding A1’s into the early 90’s hence the A1 markings originally applied to the receivers. The receivers most likely sat at Anniston until they were needed during the A1 to A2 conversion process that started in the late 90’s through the mid 00’s.

Wpns Man
View Quote

Thanks for chiming in, I always appreciate your insight on this kind of stuff
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top