Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 2:42:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2005 3:09:31 AM EDT by rmz]
How do you align the little hole at the bottom of a Weaver style gas block with the little hole in the barrel? If I slightly move the gas block clockwise or counterclockwise, there is no way to see if the two little holes are aligned. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:08:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2005 12:11:59 PM EDT by Fenian]
*very carefully*.

You have to take it on faith that if you push the gas block all the way on the barrel, it will be over the hole IF you align it on the left/right axis as well.

The barrel gets thicker, preventing the gas block from going too far up the barrle, thus aligning the hole on that axis. Your own Mk1 eyeball will allow you to align it to as close to straight as possible looking down the barrel (I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but that's what I do), and it will then be over centered over the hole.

I don't know which gas block you have, since there are a lot of differnt models. I use mostly YHM ones myself...some are 2 piece, others slide on down the barrel like a regular FSB does, and are held on by set screws instead of the pins.

Almost all of my rifles have some sort of railed or low profile gas blocks, and all of those guns do what they're supposed to.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:30:50 PM EDT
eye balling is the easiest i have found
Top Top