Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 12:38:05 PM EDT
Whats the good word on thermold 22 H magazines?  im in the position to buy 5 of them at 20$ a peice.  Worth the money?  are the thermold reliable and rugged to survive the wear and tear?  thanks in advance.

Jservis
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get aluminum USGI for that. Why settle for less?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I only have 3 Thermold mags out of my 15+ total mags. I really like them and have never had any problems whatsoever. I don't want to compare them to USGIs. I think both are great and it's just a personal preference if you ask me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
if you do get them make sure they are made in the USA. the canadian versions are made of fifferant polymer and have issues with high temperatures. i have 5 usa models and allk work wonderfully. not to mention they look damn good in the rifle also!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]
www.eaglefirearms.net/ar15_magazines.htm

get LaBelle mags  BEST you can buy for $20 a peice
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The original Thermold mags were made in Wilson, NC.  

They were contracted to the Canadian military.  They worked well until they got dirt and sand in them during extreme conditions.  The plastic got scarred and caused problems.  Canada went back to metal mags.

For the range they are great.  For combat in especially in the middle east get USGI.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
$20 each?  I paid less than $15 for one and $12 for five at a gun show, all 22H moldings.  At the last show they were out of 22Hs, so I only bought two non-22Hs.  The front of the mag needed a few swipes of a file to keep the nose of the round from occasionally catching.  I've never had any problems with Thermolds, even inserting with a closed bolt.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Two nice things about Thermolds are: not hot to the touch when you're out shooting all day in the sun and they don't scratch up the mag well if you like keeping your AR looking new.  Personally I like the Thermolds and rarely use my USGI mags.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#9]
The Thermolds already have the new "anti-tilt" followers built into them. The over-insertion rib is also a nice touch.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top