Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2007 4:37:48 PM EDT
Recentlyh laser max came out with a little low profile Green laser that is basically like a little 1913 rise rail w/ a laser in it.  

Doesn anyone have any comments on this unit?  

I remember awhile back I didi a thrtead about green leaers and there wherer a bunch of cheap chinese ones on the market w/ little socket screws for adjustment, and there was one ofsett one for like $600, and one or two ones for 300, like the BeamShot Green beam 2000, which has scope type windage and elevation screws.

Anyway, the conclusion was kind of that no one has really come out w/ a green laser that is quite rugged and durable enough since the green lasers on the market were not "solid state"(???) and therefore less stable.  Anyway, I was just wondering if theis new $300 lasermax laser was the same type of construction or what...
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw the new laser and got to test it out at COPsWest yesterday.  I was very impressed.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got the green lasermax and I'm very happy with it. It is very bright and can be seen in daylight much better than a red. I waiting for the 10" switch to arrive before I shoot it, but so far it seems great. Also lasermax included a great water-proof otter case and adj. tool.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the adjustment tool an little hex wrench or is it a little flad bladed tip thing?  The reason I ask is because cheaper lasers  do not actually use the scope type adjusters.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#4]
The tool that came with mine has a small phillips head screwdriver on one end (for battery replacement), and a very small allen wrench on the other for laser adjustment.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
TRY Veridian they make green lasers for pistols

the XD has a 1913 rail so it would fit on an AR RAS
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The tool that came with mine has a small phillips head screwdriver on one end (for battery replacement), and a very small allen wrench on the other for laser adjustment.

Are there two or three allen screws?  Do they click when you dial them?  When you make adjusments does the laser seem to move in erratic "S" shaped lines or does the dot location move in isolated verticle or horizontal lines?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
TRY Veridian they make green lasers for pistols

the XD has a 1913 rail so it would fit on an AR RAS

Did you meaan meridian?  How'bout a link?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The Lasermax sight has the MSRP of the green at $399.00 and the red at $189.00.
I was looking at one of these for my little Buckmark with TacSol barrel
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:09:29 AM EDT
[#9]
There are only two adjustment screws. It's hard to call them allen head screws because you can't see them. You just stick the adj. tool into to tiny holes in the houseing (one on the bottom, for vertical adj. and one on the side for the horizontal) until you feel it grab. The dot then moves back and forth in a straight line, I didn't feel any clicks.

I'd like to add that I just got the 10" tape switch and I'm not all that happy with it. It is very touchy to install. When you take off the slide switch to intsall the tape switch the ball bearing that centers the slide switch is still in the laser part and it puts pressure in the tape switch part. I had to slide a small plastic band around it to keep the contacts touching. It is supposed to be held by two screws but they are very sensitive to how far you tighten them. It is also supposed to be held down by the batt. cover but it is only held by one screw in the middle so it bows up slightly at the end.

I hope some of this makes sense, I just got a headache trying to read it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I am considering the Viridian however its a BIG bastard and thus far only fits Walthers, XD's, S&W MP's, and Glocks.  Not sure if their AR version is out yet.  I ponder if it will fit into holsters.

I am thinking that the Lasermax is the ticket.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone shopped for these lasers?  Where is the best place to buy one?  Who has the best price?

Is the Green worth the extra money over the Red?

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:06:09 AM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
Gun Guy That does not sound right Call 1-800 laser 03 ext 311 and ask for Bob or Karrie the will make sure you get it working right.

I gave them a call and it was as if they were waiting for me. He seemed to know about what I wrote and asked that I send it back if I could spare it for a few days so they could check it out.
 I am shipping it back to them today as they asked. I let you know how it goes,  
but I've got to say it's nice to get service from a company when you don't even ask for it!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top