Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2003 10:04:26 PM EDT
just got some surpluse 308 from sportsmans guide. it turned out to be india stuff and i can say that its junk. no two bullets are alike. the bullet seat depth, yaw, and over all condition is different on all of them. i pulled out about:
4 so deformed they would never chamber
5 bullets so far down in the brass they'd explode
1 that the bullet was so high in the brass i pulled it out by hand
9 that the bullets were so crooked theyed never fly straight nor would i chance shooting them

the rest were not pretty either. honestly id have a hard time finding a perfect one. had i know they were india and bad india at that... i would have spent the extra money for austrailin

im used to throwing out a few bullets, but man id like to toss 50% of this stuff,but i gotta shoot somethin
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, this stuff is junk. There were tons of posts about it here a few months ago warning not to buy it. I am sorry to hear that you wasted your money on this stuff. But the Aussie surplus is good stuff so you should be ok if you buy it. This is a good reason why we should all ask around about the quality of unknown ammo before buying it. Someone will usually have some experience with it and be able to give a full report.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
yea the add for it convenently left out the fact that it was india surpluse.

i should have been smarter and realized that the only cheap 308 avalible at the time was india, so noname brand must = india.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Send it back to them. Call them and have them send you a postpaid return label. They shouldn't be selling junk like that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
yea the add for it convenently left out the fact that it was india surpluse.

i should have been smarter and realized that the only cheap 308 avalible at the time was india, so noname brand must = india.
View Quote

I've seen a ton of ads for .308 "NATO" surplus that did not say India. The only indication is the low price.

The Australian is the cheapest decent surplus out there now. It always says Australian in the ads.

Robert
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Call SPG or at least email them and tell them the ammo is crap (like they don't know). Express your surprise that they would ship stuff like that. Let us know what their response is.

I don't know what the deal is with ammo suppliers recently; it seems they have all (well, several) slipped a cog or something. If there is any business where you are going to get a lot of repeat customers it would be ammo.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top