Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/2/2006 4:29:19 AM EDT
I'm looking into getting one of these because I really like the bungee section. I use a Daniel Defense plate at the front of my buffer tube rather than running my current sling through the stock. Will this work with the mamba? I like to have my stock "free" from the sling.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:14:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:07:31 AM EDT
The DD would definitely be the way to go. I currently run a Tactical Link single point sling but another guy on my team uses the mamba and seams to love it. Good luck
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:28:58 AM EDT
It'll work. I had the Mamba and switched to the new Blackhawk. I didn't like the extra nylon straps hanging off of the Mamba sling. Also, the bungee doesn't stretch that well, so you aren't getting that much more versatility.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:31:45 AM EDT
I had one on my spare M16 in Iraq, I liked it. The bungee part is so tight you hardly enven know it was there, but most of the time I carried my SAW with a Blackhawk 3 point sling.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:16:44 PM EDT
I used the MAMBA in Iraq for a few months, but it stayed there in a garbage heap. It worked, but I'm sure you can find much. much better in a BlackHawk or Tactical Tailor. As for the bungee, I found it was pretty much extended by the weight of the weapon after a while - a little play, though.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:07:20 AM EDT
Good to know. I'm starting to think that the single point sling might be the way to go. Thanks for all the great insights.
Top Top