Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2005 1:15:44 PM EDT
do you carry them with the bullets forward, the way you would with a handgun, or primers forward?  

I was just playing around with some new pouches and bullet forward seemed kind of awkward.  it felt better to have the primers forward and grab the mag with my entire hand and then rotate it as it comes up.

anyone else have any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Depend  on the carry system your using, alice pouches or LBV.

Belt pouches are they like alice M16 mag pouches?

Are you using mag pulls?

Hard to comment,just do what works best for you  in a hurry situation.

TG
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
"Brass to the Grass".  Pointed away from yourself.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
USGI pouches:  bullets towards enemy, magazine inverted
Other pouches:  bullets towards the right, magazine inverted (because I'm right handed)  If you're left handed, you may want them pointed to your left.

For the USGI stuff, if you are shot, and the projectile sets off the ammo in your pouch, your own ammo will be less likely to wound you.  Also, when withdrawing the magazine from the pouch, you just turn your wrist and the magazine is oriented with your magwell.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I should have explained better what I had in mind...

picture a couple of these on a belt;

I've got some magpuls and ranger plates on the way, but none to play with right now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
With the mag and pouch on your non-dominant side (left side for righties, and right side for lefties), the mag is inserted bullets down, with the rounds pointed towards the center of your body. For the righties, this means the bullets are pointed to the right and vice versa for lefties.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Heres a simple answer. Put the pouch on your belt and position it where you want it. Put the mag in the pouch and then do a reload. based on how you had to twist you arm to position the mag in your mag well, will tell YOU which way to put it.
All this Brass to grass,/ don't point the bullets toward you crap is nonsense. Mags can only go in a pouch a couple of ways. YOU determine that based on trial and error and how it helps or hinders you as to time in you mag changes.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top