Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2008 3:03:27 PM EDT
ive seen some talk on this forum about who makes the best triggers for whatever purpose, but i really want to hear some opinions from people with premium trigger systems.

at first i was going to get a rock river NM trigger, but then i decided i like the idea of a drop in kit.  ive been looking at the mccormick triggers, but i keep hearing about the geisselle (spelling?) trigger.  i want to get the absolute best trigger i can for this rifle, and cost is not really a factor.  this gun is going to be a 300-600yd gun and mostly will be shooting handloads.  accuracy is the whole object of this build.

lets hear it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]
WOA/RRA NM 2-stage...can't go wrong for 120 bucks....
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The Geissele High Speed, available in three configurations - Service, DMR and Match - is the best. It is $279 and usually available somewhere, but you may have to hunt around. The McCormick is not in the running when you're looking for the best.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a CMC drop in and a RRA NM. My next will be a Gieselle DMR. I like both of the triggers I have right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Geissele High Speed, available in three configurations - Service, DMR and Match - is the best. It is $279 and usually available somewhere, but you may have to hunt around. The McCormick is not in the running when you're looking for the best.

This is all you need to know!!

There is no better trigger commercially available on the market.

Link Posted: 9/1/2008 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 Geissele
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there anyone here that are proponents of the CMMG 2 stage? Looks like a pretty nice set up for its price.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#7]
geissele it is.  thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The CMMG 2 stage adjustable trigger is really nice. It's almost a drop in trigger. No disconnect to worry with. I am going to purchase another one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The old Top here:  I'm an F class shooter and handloader and my target gun is an old Colt SP-1 lower with a JP Enterprises adjustable "Fire Control System"--(trigger group) and a JP Enterprises Grade II upper w/24" SS cryo super-match bbl. and a Weaver T-36 1/8 moa target dot scope and I regularly clean 60 round matches(sometimes winning , sometimes looseing--"X"-count) several of my fellow shooters use Jewel, Jard , and Giessele triggers.  All of them have shot my AR at one time or another and have commented how sweet it is.  I relate it to lightly moving my index finger into soft butter. I like my JP better than any of theirs, and for shooting off a rest , bi-pod or bench  a 2 stage doesn't cut it for me.  maybe 2 stage with slings or tactical use but for me and "F"class The adjustable thing makes it..But Thats what works for me.  THANX--msgtGENO
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Go with a Nice single stage. I use the JP trigger in everything and they are Fantastic.

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody used Armalites adjustable two-stage?  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top