Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2006 5:42:02 PM EDT
Anybody have an opinion/experience using hyd. buffers?
I've never used one and neither have my buddies but I keep hearing about them.
I was just wondering about the dampening effect on recoil, not that there is much of that anyway.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear they are great on piston uppers as recoil can be stiffer than direct gas.Every one raves about the enidine buffer but I have never used one.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Archived Hydraulic buffer thread

The longest one I found going back to 2001.

I have always wondered this but there doesn't seem to be a huge following of them. Or at least it has never caught on as a trend around here. Send one to a guy in Iraq, get his feedback. If it's good then post a thread saying "Hydraulic buffers loved by soldiers in Iraq"... buy stock in the company before you do this though... mall ninja's and chairborne rangers will jump all over it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny I was just going to ask this same question.  I may buy one the price is not bad.  It seems like it would work.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't hear people raving about them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Send one to a guy in Iraq, get his feedback. If it's good then post a thread saying "Hydraulic buffers loved by soldiers in Iraq"... buy stock in the company before you do this though... mall ninja's and chairborne rangers will jump all over it.

Good Idea.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Send one to a guy in Iraq, get his feedback. If it's good then post a thread saying "Hydraulic buffers loved by soldiers in Iraq"... buy stock in the company before you do this though... mall ninja's and chairborne rangers will jump all over it.

Good Idea.

Been done, as far as I remember.  Once they start to leak, and they all leak sometime, you're stranded with a fancy club.

The mechanical MGI unit does not have that problem, which is why you hear people raving about them, and not the hydraulic type units.

Tom  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]
No problems with the Enidine. They really pay off in FA.

The increased mass of the MGI acts in the same way as a 9mm buffer in a self-regulating piston, it draws more energy from the piston and hence kicks harder. That's why you run H buffers rather than 9mm. This is why the Enidine is better suited for this application.

The MG when used on the LW piston brings the cyclic down to Grease Gun levels but the recoil is more noticable.

ETA:- Enidine do nothing but hydarulics and do the recoil buffers for the M240, M249 and M2 soft mounts. The 240s are usually set to '3' and thump out 1,200 rpm. Not heard of any significant problem with them leaking.....

The units have been tested to 500,000 cycles without failure.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#8]
imo the mgi is the only one to date that hasnt have any problems from the get-go

absolute best buffer out there and i stand behind my statement owning 6 of them. here's a link discussing the eindine and the mgi
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top