Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2003 6:56:29 AM EDT
I was thinking about getting another upper for my Bushy, but all the ones I look at are about the price of a new rifle.  where do you guys get your uppers?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Garrison (on the EE) is a good source for non-ramped uppers and LMT (sold by MSTN) is a good source for ramped uppers.

I'ld get M4 ramps for anything shorter than 16inches.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
this is not an immediate thing(i dont have any money right now), but i have a bushmaster varminter, which is great, but its so long and heavy...i want a light carbine with iron sights for fun
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, I like buying a good used upper on the EE and when I decide I want something different I just sell it again...  There are always a few really good deals on there and both you and the seler win....
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with Troy, but I find few things more irritating than a suprise when you pull the trigger.  Going cheap has been a journey of pain for me.  I also don't have enough money for a separate knock-around upper. ;) So I would recommend getting a quality one.  Plus, it's usually little trouble to get the features you want, compared to adding them later.  
If the rifle is a Bushmaster, and you are happy with it, look at a lighter upper from the same company.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]
i just ordered a rra 24" upper for $350 shipped from rb precision.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top