Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/22/2002 9:54:17 AM EST
I'm considering buying a rifle right now, the only thing stopping me is the fact that the upper and lower don't match at all, colorwise anyway. How much would it cost to get the lower refinished to match the upper and do you guys have any suggestions on where to do it? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:54:05 PM EST
anyone know?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 1:07:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2002 1:10:12 PM EST by SMGLee]
I assume the rifle is used?? and the guy build the rifle from parts?? that is why there is different color in the gun?? Let me first suggest you buy the gun and shoot it, if the color bothers you that much I suggest to have you entire gun refinished, not just your lower. so they will match perfectly there is many shop that will do a great job. do a search on line and find one close to you. I had several gun(not ARs) finished by Walter Birdsong, his black T finish is legendery. Lauer weaponery is famous for doing camo AR, he is posted in the industrial board, you can check him out there. I figure an entire AR would run about 200 dollars.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 1:54:26 PM EST
OK. The only place I think in TX is Murray Urbach in Dallas. I know, he is the best HK smith, but a friend of mine says Murray can also refinish it. It might take a while because the man is very busy. I'm sure there are other places also, but I have no idea. HTH
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:58:58 PM EST
lauer custom had a special. i think it was 50 to refinish a stipped lower in duracoat. dunno if it still applies, but i'm sure they'd give you a good price. i'm very happy with the work they did for me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 3:15:38 AM EST
[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=90&User_ID=2562302&st=6791&st2=-443603162&st3=610604408&CATID=608&ObjectGroup_ID=1680[/url] Note # RE-6 and # RE-7
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 4:01:48 AM EST
Accross the top of that page it says "Rifle upgrades ONLY. To be ordered only with rifles and/or upper assemblies." Hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 4:33:31 AM EST
You can do it yourself for less than $50. All you need is an airbrush and Norell's Molly Resin. Here is an Airbrush for $10: [url]http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=47791[/url] [img]http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/47700-47799/47791.gif[/img] You can get Norell's Molly directly from them: [email]smg1022@aol.com[/email]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 11:53:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By StarAtari: Accross the top of that page it says "Rifle upgrades ONLY. To be ordered only with rifles and/or upper assemblies." Hmmmmm.
View Quote
Call DPMS if you want to have it anodized...
Re-anodize old uppers and lowers (per mil-spec)(per receiver) ID #: RE-6 Price: $45.00
View Quote
Top Top