Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2003 2:54:00 PM EDT
at a gun store by my house they sell 140 round bandoleers full of ammuntion on stripper clips with a speed loader for $30. Comes to about $0.21 per round. How much does ammo cost where you live?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
it's just as expensive where most people live. thank god for the internet huh?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Stores usually charge "more" due to overhead and low volume.  Go to a big show or buy mail order.  My last volume Wolf came to $75 per case and I picked up maybe the last 2 tubs of SA in the whole world at $310 per so that's $115 per K.  You're good if you can get it at $135 or less per K for surplus.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
ihead wolf ammo was bad, if it isn't i can get it for $0.13 a round.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Wolf bad? You heard? from who? what were their qualifications? were they just another in a long line of internet experts with diareah of the mouth syndrome? buy a box and find out for yourself man!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ihead wolf ammo was bad, if it isn't i can get it for $0.13 a round.
View Quote

I just got 45 cases of Wolf 223 (split 6 ways).  Don't think I would do this every 6-7 months if Wolf was bad.  While Wolf is technically not surplus, it is priced just like surplus.  I have one upper dedicated just for Wolf and it has over 11k and haven't had one problem.  I picked up the SA tubs only because it was brass case as I need to use it with links.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:52:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, Wolf is a little cheaper than surplus.  Decent prices on surplus run from 15-18 cents per round.  Great prices are 13-14 cents.  There is no particular reason to spend more than 20 cents for a surplus round.  New production Q3131A and XM193 are cheaper than that!

Last time I bought Wolf I spent 12 cents per round at a local store.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#7]
i heard it was messy and under powered.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I got a case for $75.00 at a pa. gun show on june 12 last day of show .
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
UNDER 100/200FPS BIG DEAL!
The Animal you Hit aint going to know if its WOLF or Hot loaded XM193!

I find that the FEDERAL LAKE CITY NATO STAMP CIRCLE CROSS XM193 TO BE HOTTER THAN Q3131A!!
But its not as accurate as Q3131A out of my 2 Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
at a gun store by my house they sell 140 round bandoleers full of ammuntion on stripper clips with a speed loader for $30. Comes to about $0.21 per round. How much does ammo cost where you live?
View Quote

depending on what ammo it was (XM193 for example), that wouldn't be a bad deal, considering that you're getting a bando, 14 strippers and a loader with it.  not great, but doable for small quantities.  i've gotten XM193 and Q3131A for as low as $150 per case (1K) shipped...although not often.  for M193 spec ammo i'll go as high as $200 per 1000.  for "domestic" or "civilian" ammo i'd only pay $160 per 1000 (PMC, American Eagle, etc...).
just out of curiosity, what shop are you referring to?  i'm from Michigan originally....
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

The animal in question just might notice considering the fact that WOLF does not fragment. Read the ammo-oricle.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The animal in question just might notice considering the fact that WOLF does not fragment. Read the ammo-oricle.

The Azalin
View Quote

There have been modifications to the design of the WOLF FMJ and HP rounds since the tests shown in ammo-oracle.  Don't be to quick say it won't fragment now.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The Azalin
View Quote

There have been modifications to the design of the WOLF FMJ and HP rounds since the tests shown in ammo-oracle.  Don't be to quick say it won't fragment now.
View Quote

I would be interested to see your sources.  I have not seen nor heard any information stateing that WOLF has decreased the thickness of  there copper jackets on .223 ammunition.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The Azalin
View Quote

View Quote

I would be interested to see your sources.  I have not seen nor heard any information stateing that WOLF has decreased the thickness of  there copper jackets on .223 ammunition.

The Azalin
View Quote

It was from an email from Wolf itself.  I had written them asking about the red sealant on the neck and they sent me back an email stating they don't have the sealant on the neck any longer and that their newly designed copper jacket increases fragmentation.  That's all I know.  The picture on Ammo_Oracle still shows the wolf round with red sealant.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top