Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2006 1:04:09 PM EDT
that for me useless standard front sling swivel?

I use a side mounted swivel, along with an Austrian webbing sling, at the back through the "slit" in the M 4 stock.

Works great!

I adjusted the lenght, so whether over the neck, or rear upside down, or regular, it just fits.

So: whats the easiest way to get rid of the standard ( down facing ) front sling swivel?

Cut the pin - where? Hammer it back? cut off at "broadened" area?

please help me!

Thanx in advance, H
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You might be able to drive the pin out with a punch.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The metal on the rivet is soft.  Use a punch small enough to fit into the dimple on the rivet and just pound it out.  You'll need to pull the punch of it every  few strokes otherwise it'll get stuck.  Using a drill or even just a drill bit to take some metal off makes it even easier.  Also, sometimes you can grab the widened end with pliers or channel locks and squeeze it together then knock it through with a punch.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Guys, I am sure all work!

I used the drill method, broke the drill ( ha - soft rivet! ), managed to scar nothing ( found nothing ). One punch with a nail and off went the "rim". Punch out rest ...

A superflous sling swivel is just noise and weight!

I use that Austrian sling, it fits slung he neck,barrel up or down, shoulders easily, fits rifle slung over shoulder, barrel up or down ...

I don´t need a fancy sling - KISS!

Thanks again, H
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top