Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:32:55 AM EDT
I have a friend of mine that swears i will ruin my barrel if i run these types of rounds thru it.  I have a LEO bushmaster M4A3.  give me the breakdown of do's and dont's with ammo please.

thanks all
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
See:  www.ammo-oracle.com/body.htm#tracersbad

I don't know from personal experience, but I'd say moderation is always a good policy.

I'll leave it to you to figure out if by "moderation" I'm talking about when using tracers or when doing anyting else in life...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Where can I find "incendiary rounds" in 223, and 308??
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I've fired a few tracer rounds before they CAN cause fires so it's best to shoot into dirt, or only use them when its really wet out (like after a rainstorm). I usually loaded them every fifth round, but I always cleaned the gun (gas tube and all) right away after use because I've heard shooting a tracer round is similar to shooting corrosive primered ammunition. They make a fun light show at dusk but they are too expensive to just "play" with. For practical purposes I've got an infantry weapons and tactics book that suggested loading a single tracer 4th from the bottom of the mag as a signal that you are almost out of ammo (so you don't have to focus on counting your shots in a fire fight).
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

bought them at the gun show...about $20 for 10 just so you know they not cheap
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There's a guy out of Tx that sells them on Gunbroker.com.  All the transactions I've had with him have been good.  As said above, they're not cheap.

I've also bought regular tracer rounds from CheaperThanDirt.com, but they aren't nearly as impressive as those of of Gunbroker.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#6]
NEVERMIND?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Ammoman used to have a good deal on a combo pack.  It consisted of 1000k XM193 and 100 M196 tracers.  The tracers came out to be .40 each when figured seperatly.  Good old days.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#8]
THIS WILL HAPPEN ! ! !  !

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Holyshit Batman!!!! Inferno man has been here.  

Very sad end to an otherwise cool tool
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/theinvisiblesoul/Burn002.jpg

Invisiblesoul

WTF!!  Is that really from a tracer round?? Surely not.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've fired a few tracer rounds before they CAN cause fires so it's best to shoot into dirt, or only use them when its really wet out (like after a rainstorm). I usually loaded them every fifth round, but I always cleaned the gun (gas tube and all) right away after use because I've heard shooting a tracer round is similar to shooting corrosive primered ammunition. They make a fun light show at dusk but they are too expensive to just "play" with. For practical purposes I've got an infantry weapons and tactics book that suggested loading a single tracer 4th from the bottom of the mag as a signal that you are almost out of ammo (so you don't have to focus on counting your shots in a fire fight).

Sounds very logical.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/theinvisiblesoul/Burn002.jpg

Invisiblesoul

Jesus Christ.  WTF happened there?

Looks like I should consider an HBAR next time.  The plastic pistol grip held up better than that barrel did.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Aftermath of helicopter crash???
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#14]
IED is what happened to that weapon.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top