Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2003 2:16:43 PM EDT
looking for some info on them before i pop down the cash.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:26:22 PM EDT
oh, just saw the post below. never mind...me stoopid....
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:09:15 PM EDT
I've built two weapons using their kits and have been very happy with them . They are priced good and when you order they get it out right away . Not to mention the good quality , I have a friend that was an armorer in the Army and when he saw the kit he said he would use them when he builds an AR for himself .
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:45:25 AM EDT
I laso have built several guns using their kits. Never had any problems. Overall very good parts and got them to me quick.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:12:59 PM EDT
I have not got mine together yet but I ordered it on a Monday and got the two days later on Wednesday. That was quicker than I had ever hoped for. The kit looks real good.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:29:55 PM EDT
Several other Threads are asking this same question. I'll add the same answer I did in my other posts. Received two kits several days after I ordered them. Everything in the kits were great except for 3 small things. 1. Handguards on the CAR kits seemed kind of cheap. 2. Selector Detent was too large in both kits. I had to use some sandpaper and a drill to reduce their size so they would fit into my lower. This was easy to do and it functions fine. Just an annoyance. 3. The front sight seems very rough compared to my other ARs and M16's that I've used. The actual finish is rough, they function just fine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:24:03 PM EDT
I have an M-4 upper from them,fit and finish is A+.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:40:48 PM EDT
My Mdoel "1" Sales kit is A1 in quality. It is the only kit I have put together. I have had AR-15s from Colt since 1967 (the SP-1). The Model "1" Sales quality seems the same as Colt. My upper has a key hole symbol on it right in front of the A-2 sight. I believe this is the FN symbol. If this is true. Model "1" uses uppers from the same source as J&T. My hand gaurds seemed odd at first, probably because I had no experience with a 16-inch AR before. I think this is due to the small diameter of the CAR hand gaurds relative to those of the 20-inch AR-15. The M-4 hand gaurds are optional at Model "1"; M-4 hand gaurds are about the same diameter as thefull 20-inch rifle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:22:07 AM EDT
I posted this in a similar thread, but I've got 2 Model 1 kits...quality is fine, although the most recent kit came to me with a non funcioning gas block..I had to send it back. They fixed it and got it back to me in short order, agreed to reimburse me for the shipping, although I never followed up on that. The replaced upper works fine now. Model 1's CAR handguards are exactly the same as the ones that came on my buddy's Rock River CAR upper, so I think it's the handguards themselves, not the company. The fit and finish on their stuff is fine; not as good as on my Armalite, but not crappy by any means. All in all, Model 1 stuff will serve you well, and they provide a good value for the money.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:45:34 AM EDT
I just built my 2nd Model 1 kit. I picked up the Standard A2 w/stainless, fluted bbl., chrome bolt & carrier and green furniture. I got it sighted in and only had to go 2 clicks right of center to get the windage right on and I probably could have left it centered and shot fine. All parts droped right in, no problem and after taking 4 turns off the spring that holds in the front pin it went right in as well. For the price I'd say get the whole kit and not just the upper. You'll only pay $30 bucks more and you'll have spare lower parts, stock and all, that's not a bad deal if you consider that seperate the lower parts would cost ya' over $110 bucks. Talk at ya' later. TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:35:48 PM EDT
I'm considering getting a Model 1 kit as well and I am almost completely convinced. Then I read this post.... http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=169098 Did anyone else have the pivot pin detent problem or was this just an isolated incident? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:00:28 PM EDT
I had to take 4 turns off of the front spring to get it to fit properly , otherwise I'd have never gotten the pivot pin in place. One guy said that the point on the pivot pin retaining plunger went down, ??? I put mine point up toward the pivot pin. If you put it point down you'd not have the point to lock into the holes in the pivot pin. Anyway, just cut off 3 or 4 turns and everything will work out fine. Also, I did have to open up the hole for the safety dentent pin a bit, but it was no big deal. Remember it's a "Kit" , there's going to be alittle hand fitting to be done, although not much from the two kits I've built. Talk to ya' later. TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:58:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2003 10:58:49 AM EDT by Fenian]
seems to me I had to trim a few coils of one of those springs...no biggie...it only took me a minute to figure it out...no problems after that. I will say that there was a big difference in the Armalite lower kit I used and the Model 1 in terms of spring look/feel...but the Model 1s function as well as the Armalite, so I don't think it's an issue. Trimming a few coils is not a major deal.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:31:35 AM EDT
FWIW, I haven't needed to trim anything with the 3 JT kits I've built... I am interested in the M1sales light barrels, though...
Top Top