Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 9:21:53 PM EDT
So I am in the process of building my first AR and I am about to buy my first parts. I want to order my barrel and gas piston kit. So far I have found 2 barrels that I like.

20" Match Hole in One Fluted H-Bar barrel
http://www.shop.dezarms.com/product.sc?productId=120&categoryId=13

20" YHM threaded fluted barrel
http://www.yhm.net/store/AR_Barrels.html

I know the Yankee is chrome lined and the hole in one is not, but I really like the fluting on the hole barrel. Is the chrome lining really a big deal. The prices are pretty close so that's not a big deal. And I know YHM has a great rep and gets great reviews. Just wondering if anyone has used the hole in one and liked it. I plan on mostly just shooting targets in the desert and I will be shooting re-loads.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally don't care for the fluting on the "hole in one" .. but that's just my opinion.

The chrome lined barrel is going to last longer and also be easier to clean.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the dimpling on the hole in one barrel looks pretty cool, but I think you'll get more out of the chrome-lined YHM.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say YHM out of those 2
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the opinions. I will be going with the YHM
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the diamond fluted YHM barrels. They look sweet!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top