Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2005 4:31:28 AM EDT
I thought I read this somewhere but can not locate it. At what distance do you guys zero your AR equiped with holagraphic sites and why? This would be used for home protection so 100yds is kind of long, right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I asked this question to SWAT team members from my dept. They told me that the entry team members zero at 25yds for CQB type use. The snipers zero at 50yds. This info is on M4's with aimpoint sights.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
My EOTech is zeroed at 50 Yards per the instruction manual. You might want to post this in the Optics Section next time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Once I zeroed my iron sights, I simply adjusted the dot so that it sits right on top of my front sight post while cowitnessing through the rear peep. Now I can flip my rear BUIS down and I'm on target. BTW, I zeroed on a 25 meter M4 carbine military zeroing target.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Everyone knows, it's not HOLAgraphic sights.

It's HOMOgraphic!

SHEEEEESH!

this distinguishes them from HETEROgraphic sights.

In all cases, 50 yards works for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#5]
50yds.

Within a couple inches of POA out to 200-220yds(if you zero at 50, you will also be zeroed at 200). Only a couple inches low at 300.

If you zero at 25, you'll be zeroed at some distance over 300yds too, IIRC.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top