Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/8/2003 11:30:04 PM EDT
to those of you out there who think the a.w.ban will sunset could you explain to me what makes you think this? being that a freedom lost is almost never recovered i am skeptical that it will. I am asking this because im thinking about buying another pre ban lower and if i thought the ban would sunset I would just hang on to my post ban until after the a.w. ban sunsets.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
We don't know, we just dream about the day that it might be gone and we will be on our merry way, and the law makers can make laws that make sense.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Spend some time at http://www.awbansunset.com

Very good web-site.  I believe we all should encourage others to learn from this great site.

Happy shooting...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have yet to see ANY gun law that didn't get revoked.....look at the NFA law that was passed in 1934, and it's still enforced. bush already went on record that if the AW bill passes, and it comes to him, he'll sign it......and it wouldn't surprise me in the bit that the new AW bill, has more stuff added to it then the last one......i.e. a ban on 50 cal. and some other stuff.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
By law the AWB must sunset.

The issue is what equally and probably more restrictive abomination will we be the recipients of next?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Exactly the other laws still exist because tey do not sunset.  The AWB will sunset no matter what.  You have to ask why we dont think Congress and the President wont pass another law in its place.  I dont think they will because if Bush does something like that I will vote Democrat across the board in retaliation as I am a one issue voter.  I dont think BUsh wants to lose his 2nd term by enacting an AWB.  Remeber his father signed the forst one and LOST the 2nd term election because of it.  Then again perhaps I over estimate the Republican Party members intelligence.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Read the (3) pages of posts on the AWB here...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=160544[/url]

It WILL Sunset...
unless the politicians pass H.R.2038 which will make the old AWB permanent, with expanded coverage...
BAD, BAD BILL...
Keep writing to your Congressman and it might not make it out of committee...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
well, i believe it b/c the Repubs control the House, Senate, and White House, and leaders of congress said they would not even take up the issue of renewing it, so it can't be renewed if it is never called to a vote [;)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top