Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2003 7:37:56 PM EDT
hi,
i plan on making a designated marksmans rifle off of my m4a2. what i need to start with is a special cheek peice and a harris bipod.i have the new style ribbed m4 stock and i know i need a diff one than the CAR stock.With the bipod i want to keep my generic handguards and mount the harris on it.which one would i want just to mount onto the normal CAR handguards

1. Which type of cheek peice do i need and where can i get it?

2. What harris bipod do i need for normal CAR stock mounting and where can i get that?

thanks a lot guys
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#1]
On my designated riflemen's weapon I went with a Trijicon compact ACOG so there's no need for for a cheek piece. The lens is low enough that simply tilting my head up a bit and shoot.

Harris makes a bi-pod stud that sandwiches the standard handguards.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14782[/img]

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
IMHO you should ditch the bipod and its mounting solution altogether, it's unwieldly and its function can be easily duplicated by resting the rifle on sandbag, shooting bag, tree trunks, etc., especially on a 14.5" or 16" rifle, bipod seems out of place.
The cheekpiece for a retractable stock has a shortcoming: you can't pull back the charging handle without extending the stock.  A minor gripe [:)]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#3]
my m4 stock stays out as much as a normal rifle
im too big to use it in the smaller positions.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
There are occasions when a telescopic stock has advantages over a fixed one, for instance, when using a scope such as the ACOG TA01, TA31 that have short eye reliefs (I used the 3rd position, 4th being fully extended), and when wearing bulking clothing or body armor.  That it saves space while in a vehicle or storage is nice too [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top