Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/17/2003 7:04:14 PM EST
i acquired a post ban a1 9mm upper awhile back. I will throw a red dot on later. To finish I need the following and give me (please) suggestions where to start looking.

bolt and carrier (don't know what kind a need)

mag block (I would prefer the one that uses unmoded sten mags)

Can I keep my regular buffer?

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:21:44 AM EST
(1) who makes the upper? (2) Refer to question #1, also 9mm is Bolt/carrier as ONE peice (3) currently unless you have a Olympic upper, no-one makes a sten adaptor for the colt style (4) yes and no. You should be able to, but some people suffer from BOLT BOUNCE and require a 9mm buffer. Contact Garrison Manufacture. They have the bolts and adaptors
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:20:39 AM EST
I am trying to figure out what kind of upper this is, under the sight, on the handle, there is a C stamped, on the front sight base I see D(* and a RI in a circle. I don't see any markings on the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:44:01 AM EST
ok.. I am gonna go out on a limb here All the pictures I have seen, and on the Oly setup I owned a couple years ago did not have a plastic shell deflector. On your upper, do you have a plastic deflector or does it just look like a normal AR upper Look at this pic [img]http://users.adelphia.net/~masine/nina.JPG[/img] Look right above the mag release You will see a oversize shell deflector. I beleive that these are only present on COLT style weapons. I may be wrong, but I beleive that the OLY setup use the normal deflector. This is based on all the pictures I have seen and on the OLY I owned several years ago. CHARLES
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:00:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/18/2003 5:03:48 AM EST by flannagan_bryan]
It has the oversized deflector, it looks aluminum though
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:19:01 AM EST
Then I would say that it is a COLT style upper. I would contact Garrison Manufacture Purchase a 9mm BOLT, $149 Purchase a mag well adaptor, $125 I think OR Sell your unknown upper Buy a new one from Garrison(for example) for $450. It comes with Bolt and charging handle. You still need a mag adaptor, and they are all around $125-$150. Don't forget to get a GOOD hammer.... Read the post on Ramping.... CHARLES
Top Top