Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2003 8:32:38 PM EDT
ive made my final cut between these two. prices are similar, bushmaster is chrome lined dpms has the bull barrel and is sts. my head really hurts from all this research.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Either one will do the trick......I have a DPMS 20" SS bull barrel and like it a lot, but, have shot Bushmasters and like them too.........my next upper will probably be a DPMS 24" SS bull barrel...........
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ive made my final cut between these two. prices are similar, bushmaster is chrome lined dpms has the bull barrel and is sts. my head really hurts from all this research.
View Quote

Exactly what jem375 said.  But don't expect to get any unbias opinions from this board as about 37% use Bushmaster and that's all they will recommend (everybody thinks their brand is the best).  I'd get the DPMS just because I think the snake icon of the Bushmaster looks gay.  [}:D]

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a DPMS 16' Bull and I like it a lot, I havent shot a Bushmaster but I do like the name "Bushmaster".   The DPMS does the same thing and I've seen they come a little less expensive if you look around.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I like the RRA due to the 1:7 twist(they also make 1:12). I can shoot 50gr up to 77gr. Bushmaster only makes the 1:9 and not sure about DPMS. Also if your wanting this to be an "accuracy gun" go for the non-chrome lined.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Personally, I like the RRA due to the 1:7 twist(they also make 1:12). I can shoot 50gr up to 77gr. Bushmaster only makes the 1:9 and not sure about DPMS. Also if your wanting this to be an "accuracy gun" go for the non-chrome lined.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 24" SS DPMS, I like it a lot!!
I have had ZERO problems and is more accurate then me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#7]
keep em coming guys, youve got me leaning towards the dpms. its a 24" lo-pro(doesnt have a fwrd assist or dust cover) with bolt/carrier
for $420 shipped.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:18:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the Lo Pro 16' Bull, the performance is not affected by not having the dust cover and the Foward Assist.   You might like the Mil-spec look, but a 24' Stainless BBL isnt gonna look mil-spec no matter what's on the reciever. if anything it just has less parts to clean.
My baby (Black Jesus) has a 1/9 twist which is a good compromise, you can use 55 grain for plinking up to 68 grain match ammo.

I would post pics but I need a site to host my pics
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
here we go :-)
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p20190b9b795794c4e18e68fda8da6422/fab5a938.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pa7765b33ec0a5a447d5ab5e6fbead5c0/fab5a937.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:14:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a SS 24" Bull Bbl from JT its real accurate and functions fine. Not chrome lined but like said before if you want accuracy stay away from chrome lined.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]
RRA makes somre real nice stuff...so does Armalite, and DPMS, in addition to Bushmaster.  

You really can't go wrong with a name brand, IMHO...just get one you want/can afford, or think is the coolest.  Then enjoy the hell out of it, and tell anyone here who doesn't like your choice to piss off hehehe.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Given a choice of DPMS or Bushmaster, I'd buy ArmaLite or Rock River Arms.

[flame] [devil] [flame]
ETA- For you DPMS who think that Bushy's logo is gay, why would you want a KITTY-CAT on your rifle? [:D]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Ive got a DMPS ... I like em .. I dont think you can go wrong unless you dont do your homework .. if one upper has the features you want .. get it ... I just really prefer DPMS.

and DaPhotoGuy is right .. bushys logo is .. kina.... gay ... *grin*
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
ETA- For you DPMS who think that Bushy's logo is gay, why would you want a KITTY-CAT on your rifle? [:D]
View Quote

You're right!  The cat logo is kinda gay also.  But they don't stamp a big ol' cat logo on their lowers (at least not on MY DPMS).

In a fight, I'd take my chances against a snake over a panther any day.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#15]
well i finally made up my mind and bought a rra 24" varmint. got it for $350 shipped less bolt/carrier.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You're right!  The cat logo is kinda gay also.  But they don't stamp a big ol' cat logo on their lowers (at least not on MY DPMS).

[red]In a fight, I'd take my chances against a snake over a panther any day.[/red]
View Quote

What if it was a Baby Panther, and a Reticulated Python?

Or in this case a Bushmaster, the most venomous snake of the American Continent (north, mid, and south), and ranking as one of the worlds most lethal snakes[;D]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[red]In a fight, I'd take my chances against a snake over a panther any day.[/red]
View Quote

What if it was a Baby Panther, and a Reticulated Python?

Or in this case a Bushmaster, the most venomous snake of the American Continent (north, mid, and south), and ranking as one of the worlds most lethal snakes[;D]
View Quote

It's still a gay logo.  And the only way a bushmaster can hurt you is if you don't see it first.  A panther don't need to hide.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top