Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/27/2009 1:34:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2009 6:38:53 AM EDT by rlarge10]
I just received by M16 BCG from J&T. The carrier is stamped "A" and the bolt is marked "MP". any idea of the maker? I tried a search and didn't finda anything. I also posted in J&T's industry forum, but all they said was it was from a "military contractor". Any ideas?

ETA i took the bolt apart and it has the blue insert if this helps anyone further ID
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:18:52 PM EDT
My LMT one has MP marked on the bolt. Pretty sure the A is a date code. LMT is my guess
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:53:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KBAD:
My LMT one has MP marked on the bolt. Pretty sure the A is a date code. LMT is my guess

i checked a BCG that I have that I know is LMT and it does not have any stamps on the carrier. anyone else have any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:02:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 4:19:14 PM EDT by OhioShooter1975]
Here is what I can tell you from the BCGs I have seen.

1. It is not LMT. LMT has MP on one side of their bolts, and a two letter code on the other. No marking on the BCG.
2. It is not RRA or Sabre Defense. They have no markings whatsever.
3. It is not Colt, they have a C marking on their carrier and MPC on their bolt.
4. It is not CMT, they have CM on their bolt, no other markings on bolt or carrier.
5. It is not Noveske, they have MP on their bolt, no markings on their carrier. Edit: I just checked and one of my Noveskes has a CM and an MP on the bolt.
6. It is not a BCM. According to a thread I just read in their industry section, they have never marked their bolt carriers with an "A".

Not sure how helpful that info is, but it was free!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:21:32 PM EDT

Diemaco - Colt Canada logo

Are you sure the marking on your carrier's letter "A" might be a stylized letter "D" like this pic?

If this is the symbol then it's a Colt Canada - Diemaco BCG.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:12:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:11:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By j3_:
http://aopmfg.com/index.htm

never heard of them. are they any good?
Top Top